YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

When I purchased my Buddy Tekwing, I quickly decided that the auto-dump on the top needed to be a corded pull-dump, so after a quick call to AP Valves, they got me the piece of string and plastic ball required to convert it.  My only problem is how to keep it from floating!  The string is inside a plastice flexible tube, but I can't figure out how to attach this to the harness or wing to make it easy to locate.
On some BCDs, the cord runs down a channel sewn into the edge of the shoulder strap - do I just get someone with a decent machine to machine a channel down the edge of the wing for the string, or is there some other way to do this that I've totally missed?

Regards, and dive safe
Martin

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Imported post

How about some bungy/shock cord in a loop around the shoulder strap. The tube could then go under the cord.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I gave up on it in the end - couldn't find a good way to route the string. It was either a snag hazard or at risk of jamming in place.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Had the same problem as you.  On your next dive look out for a fishing weight littering the seabed and thread it on to the bottom of the cord.  Keeps it from floating only thing is you might get a black eye.  

Saw this on a friends kit last year and since then have haven't had a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts