YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it posible to buy an off the shelf inflator, complete with the hose and elbow joint, to connect to the wing? I can always get the LP hose to suit.
I have perservered with the Buddy one, but I find it too bulky and cumbersome, so I am looking for a straight swop version. No cuttting, bodging or jointing please.
Many thanks,
Jim.

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts
well No cuttting, bodging or jointing please.

take it to your dive shop tell what you want part with cash :)

or rethink your first statment

David

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts
my lds has the same inflator on two diffrent displays one 32 pounds the other is 42 one is no brand the other is Halcyon they are the same inflator from the same factory but come in with two diffrent RRP.

so it just depends which you pick up. From another shop it cost 15 pounds but I think thats was a mistake.

If i was you I would cut down the one you have then use something like silicone to fil the ridges in the cut tube then just refix with two tie wraps.

David

·
I provide much-needed sarcasm.
4,099 Posts
Is it posible to buy an off the shelf inflator, complete with the hose and elbow joint, to connect to the wing? I can always get the LP hose to suit.
I have perservered with the Buddy one, but I find it too bulky and cumbersome, so I am looking for a straight swop version. No cuttting, bodging or jointing please.
You don't need to replace the corrugated hose or the elbow, which is just as well as you probably can't. Just about any inflator should fit your existing corrugated hose. You will almost certainly need to buy a new LP hose though as the Buddy fitting is a bit different to most other makes.

Jason

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks David and Jason.
I was hoping to replace the whole unit as the I do find the elbow obstructs the first stage.
I'll see if the elbow size and thread is compatible with any other unit model.
Cheers,
Jim.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thank you Colin. The existing dump valve is more T shaped, whereas a normal elbow would solve the problem, but perhaps leave me without the option of dumping air by pulling the hose. I'll check a Commando owned by one of our club members.
Thanks,
Jim.
p.s.
I did try another inflator unit, but the size was completely different. Bit like being a plumber again: so little seemed to be standardised, except BSP.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Jim,
Buddy do a replacement elbow as Colin says which you can substitute for the T shaped pull dump valve.
I have replaced the inflator on mine with a generic unit, diverite I think, all you do is remove the buddy one, push the new inflator on the existing corrugated hose end and tyrap, job done - and new LP hose.
I personnaly never use the pull dump so wouldn't miss it:)

·
beware of limitations
3,443 Posts
Yes, take it to mad Mark at Shipmates on Bolton Road, Ashton. He's can get Dive Rite stuff and he'll do the

jim oldham said:
cuttting, bodging or jointing.
for you.

Or, go to Divelife and get it done quicker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.