YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2nd hand tekwing and am having some problems.

I did a quick replacement on the inflator hose from my old commando to the tekwing, as it was shorter. but now the wing doesnt hold air and is leaking from the inflator connection to the jacket, i have swapped them back but now both jackets leak from the same place. they were a bugger to do back up, but am i missing something?

I am a bit loathe to send it off to buddy for a £89 service, if the problem is fixable. Does anyone else have experience with this problem? any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi not sure if you have sorted this, its been a few years since i had a commando but if i remember correctly after pushing the valve into place you push the material down around the valve with a blunt knife before screwing the top of the valve into place so you get a good seal, its usually the material stopping the 2 surfaces from coming together, hope this helps and you havnt spent any money yet, think i had the same problem with a dump valve and those nice people in ap valves told me how to sort it . anthony

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Do you have the buddy tool to do the screw ring back up? I can never get them to seal well without using it. The tools are about £4 from AP valves.
HTH
Simon A

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help, i used a blunt knife to push down the material and then wound the 'nut' down with some stilson type grips. sorted. just got to shorten the hose now, can't be too hard, can it?

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Thanks for all the help, i used a blunt knife to push down the material and then wound the 'nut' down with some stilson type grips. sorted. just got to shorten the hose now, can't be too hard, can it?
Just remember to shorten the string inside to match....
HTH
Simon A

1 - 7 of 7 Posts