YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>come on you divers out there tell me what you have been up to and what youve been diving im sat at home all day everyday recovering from a broken leg and i need tales from the diving world to keep me hungry for the sport when i finally get back to fitness and start my diving season anything will do just keep me jolly i put myself in your capable hands    thank you all very much for your good wishes      cheers and safe diving      zubber.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Zubber,

Get well soon mate. For tales filled with horror, woe and those which will have you hurting yourself laughing, and those which are just simply a damned fine read, have a wee swatch at the back issues/postings/threads in the 'Dive Reports' and 'Surface Interval' sections on here. That should keep you occupied for a few days.

Take it easy.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Sorry to hear abt the leg.

The weather bone in my elbow tells me we are in for a fine summer with lots of good diving weekends (at least it better had if it knows what's good for it).

I'm off diving from Brighton tomorrow - only max depth of 28 mtrs as we have some "1'st dive of the season" people along.

Anyway, diving on 36% O2 and hope to get 45 mins to an hour bottom time (I haven't woked out gas consumption info yet). Loads of time to have a good bimble and say hello to some crabs and lobsters.

I'd like to say I'll be thinking of you while I'm diving but I would be lieing. GWS!

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Imported post

Hey Zubber, dived Pembrokeshire weekend before last, and Portland the one just gone - both had cracking vis (12  -15m), calm seas (mirror calm at times!) and sunshine! I'm tanned! Amazing. Dived a couple of submarine wrecks in Portland, could really see the overall shapes, had congers on one, and had seals in the water with us in Wales. Just very good all round and I'm grinning like a fool this morning :) Though that could be lack of sleep of course

Good luck with the leg,
Dave.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Howdy hopalong.

Dived on a charter (Nauticat) out Brighton on Sat. Started with a wreck called the Pentrych - details as per below link (which until today I did not know about myself and will be going back soon for another look).

(http://www.scubatraining.com/Localsites.htm)

Unfortunately the May bloom was still, well, blooming. It was dark, viz abt 1 murky mtr at best. With current running a little bit throughout the dive it was like driving at night, headlights on, throug a green blizzard.

Had a good 50 min bimble, managed to find myself under an overhang without knowing it, found a few lead fishing weights for the skipper and a couple of Spiders for a friend (who insists they are lovely eating) and then surfaced practising (not needed) stops at 15 mtrs, 9 mtrs and of course 3 mtrs. Was a bit "panty" at first so gas consumption not as good as normal.

2'nd dive was a drift over the Brighton Ledges (if the same Ledges then they are covered on the above link) - what a difference, clear water (hardly any May weed) with 3 to 4 mtrs viz and plenty of ambient light. Stopped to stroke a couple of dog fish + saw cuttlefish, crabs and lobsters (no flatties that I noticed) - one huge lobbie at the end of the dive (deep in the rocks).

Another day well spent.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Zubber

Mine are in the Dive Reports, loads of Vis off Dover, as its Neaps next weekend i think i will be getting 4 wrecks in. I think the list will read The Strathclyde, Lusitania (Not that Lusitania - but big enough), UB78 and HMS Weigalia. I'll let you know how it goes.

Regards and condolences from someone who came close to breaking his own leg a couple of weeks ago.

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts