YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I just got out the water.We took family snorkeling to see some Dolphins. About 5 minutes on the rib out of Los Gigantes there is a fish farm where they keep doradas. A few weeks ago we got talking to the guys working there during or surface interval and slipped them a few euros for some beer. We noticed that there were some dolphins circeling the nets and begging for food so we asked them if we could dive there to take some Fotos. Because one is not alowed to come close to the nets normaly. But beer workes wonders ;-)). So when we go there today they throw the dead fif that they find on the surface of there nets over the side. And there is a pod of 9 dolphins cirkeling the nets. They come up right close and sometimes one can touch them. It is breathtaking to get bthat close to them in the wild and they are quite incuisitive creatures. We where having a sort of contest with them blowing bubbles under water.....they won hands ....fins down. Swiming with them makes me think how clumsy we are under water. I am back there next friday with a tank straped to my back. I´ll still be clumsy compared to them but i´ll keep up with the bubbles.

Michael

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

How interesting!  Sounds as if you had a ball - put a report on tellingus how you got on with a tank on.  Keep blowing bubbles.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Had a go this friday but mus say that i am a bit disapointed. Tha dolfins dont come as close when one has scubagear on. Now i can hear the rebreatherdepartment chukle but you can´´t win them all. I got as close as 2 metres but that was it, got rid of the tank....and they came right up to me again. Strange i think but it is nice to snokrkel with them to.

Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts