YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right you lot ..........

As I have written in a earlier thread, I have packed up with the diving on a professional basis. Now the person who is going to step into my fin kick´s as it where and who I Can only recommend is Dave. He has a place called Paradise divers in Callao Salvaje witch is close to Playa Paraiso ans he also can sort you out with apartments etc. I am going to show him the places up north that he does not know as yet that well and he will be able to take any one of you there by the time I have finished with him :angel: . In any event, if you have any questions just drop me a PM or him a mail saying that you know the Cuban drug runner and he will do his very best to look after you. I have known Dave from when he started out here on the rock and he is a great person. Anyone who gets along with me will be fine with him, but you have to get used to the fact, that his Transit van is no where near as old as mine.

Here is the link o his site

Paradise Divers Tenerife - About Paradise Divers

That’s all that I can do for you and thanks for the great times that we had together and who knows, if you are planning the next YD gig with Dave I may just come along for a dive and a pint or two.

Dive safe and take care

Michael

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Michael - it has been an absolute pleasure to dive with you on the two occasions I have been out there. Your customer service went far beyond guiding our dives safely and well. Any recommendation of yours has to be a good 'un. Hope to buy you a beer again soon :beer: :girlhug: :teeth:

Love Helen and Paul xxx

I might just get round to doing a trip report of this month's visit :embarassed: :)

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
Anyone who gets along with me will be fine with him, but you have to get used to the fact, that his Transit van is no where near as old as mine.
Whaaatt!?!? It just won't be the same if we can't se the road through the floorpan on the way to the dive site ;)

Look after yourself (and Moray, of course) Mike.

Best

Paul and Kirstie.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whaaatt!?!? It just won't be the same if we can't se the road through the floorpan on the way to the dive site ;)

Look after yourself (and Moray, of course) Mike.

Best

Paul and Kirstie.
Exactly mate, its how I navigate:angel:

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Michael - it has been an absolute pleasure to dive with you on the two occasions I have been out there. Your customer service went far beyond guiding our dives safely and well. Any recommendation of yours has to be a good 'un. Hope to buy you a beer again soon :beer: :girlhug: :teeth:

Love Helen and Paul xxx

I might just get round to doing a trip report of this month's visit :embarassed: :)
Just to think, that I was just a normal person before I got to lead the blond mafia.:angel::angel::angel::angel:

well only for a few minutes at a time and only under water but hey its a start.

XXXXX

·
Myth Buster
510 Posts
Dave's a great guy, known him since his IDC... You will be looked after! If Mia's still there she would definitely get in the blond mafia...

I'll try and pop in to see him in June and get the old git diving as well, that's you Mike!

·
6,935 Posts
Dave's a great guy, known him since his IDC... You will be looked after! If Mia's still there she would definitely get in the blond mafia...
Watch yourself Fezboy! That will cost you dearly ;)

·
6,935 Posts
Just to think, that I was just a normal person before I got to lead the blond mafia.:angel::angel::angel::angel:

well only for a few minutes at a time and only under water but hey its a start.

XXXXX
:eek:mg:

;)

S xx

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Hey Cuban.

Are you doing a runner from the feds?

Best of luck with whatever criminal activity you try next. :D

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Cuban.

Are you doing a runner from the feds?

Best of luck with whatever criminal activity you try next. :D

Oi you...... get back to bed it aint friday night yet :teeth::teeth:

·
rEvolutionary Diving
4,542 Posts
A couple of years ago my world collapsed, detail isn’t important but I had returned to England and received news that I would be unable to return to Egypt for the foreseeable future. I had been exiled in England for a few weeks with nothing to do and I was very bored and wanted to go diving.

I was reading a trip report on YD about Tenerife and how good the diving was, as it happened I was able to travel there so I sent a PM to Mike explaining my situation, I wanted to go diving, I had no kit with me and I required accommodation. I wasn’t bothered about nightlife all I wanted was diving.

The reply I received was that I should just book a flight and let him know the date, he will pick me up from the airport and I can stay with him and Rebecca and as for the diving not to worry as he will lend me the kit for free and all I need to pay for was diving and whack in for food.

I arrived in Tenerife and was greeted by Mike, we arrived at the house in Abades and I was introduced to Rebecca who showed me where the beer was kept and to help myself and treat it as my home.

I was made to feel at home and made two great friends, I enjoyed the diving but the company was fantastic.

I think that the world of diving has suffered a loss, however I wish you well for the future.

Keep in touch.

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
I totally agree with Simon.

Sad day for diving indeed. I'll have to find someone else to sit on my cylinder.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will ye stop this you are making me sob. I loved the dives and the banter that we all had together and I´ll never forget it and would not have missed that part of my life for the world and if and when any of you get back to Tenerife and dive with Dave just tell him to give me a shout and I´ll tag along for a dip or two if I have the time. But as shore as bears do things in the woods, I´ll see you for a pint if you want as I don´t work in the evenings.
So you just look after yourselves and if you want to know anything or need help, drop me a line.

ATB

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Some of the best memories for me from Tenerife:

1. Nearly getting arrested by the Guardia Civil
2. Getting stopped from going up Tiede by a snow plough.
3. Sticking myself to a table with Ron Miel
4. Inventing a new ten pin / ten pint bowling game at Harleys
5. Nearly dying in the back of Mike's car when Rebecca declared she wanted a pearl necklace

There are many more but they are my top 5.

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
This means I can't "dive by numbers" any more! Damn, I'll have to learn to do it properly now :embarassed: I'll be tapping you up for a beer the next time I am out there, you can be sure of that Michael!

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Some of the best memories for me from Tenerife:

1. Nearly getting arrested by the Guardia Civil
2. Getting stopped from going up Tiede by a snow plough.
3. Sticking myself to a table with Ron Miel
4. Inventing a new ten pin / ten pint bowling game at Harleys
5. Nearly dying in the back of Mike's car when Rebecca declared she wanted a pearl necklace

There are many more but they are my top 5.
1. Watching Mikey chase a bumbag thief in wetsuit with knife strapped to him together with Mikey having several conversations with the bumbag thief who got annoyed at having to keep answering Mike's stolen phone.
2. The look of patient despair on Mikes face as he waited for me to finish my swim test (followed by the 'was that you swimming or did the tide change?' comment).
3. Sinuses go ouch, but its not a problem with a German on your back.
4. A Ray ate my Computer.
5. Making ourselves at home in the Blue Bossa.

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
1. Being told that as we never follow our guide, "I may as well pull up, open the doors and let you f**k off wherever you want to!"
2. The cheesy puff afternoon.
3. Marazul being a 'little choppy'.
4. The turtle trying to eat Kirstie's pink gloves.
5. I wish I could remember the evenings ;)

·
Spider Crabs can just f*ck off
16,005 Posts
1. Bowling and Chinese
2. My deepest dive so far, at Radazul
3. Diving with Buoyant Babe, and making each other laugh at 40m by 'climbing the slope'!
4. Deco beers beside the pool
5. The smell of the mini-bus!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts