YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Im off to Teneriffe in August and have heard somewhere that divers are required to have a  medical cert - not just the usual signed disclaimers etc.

Is this true ?? How old can the cert be (got one 3 years ago) and where would be the best place to get one if required ?? (Cheshire/North West area)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>don't know about tenerife (so why am i bothering to reply)

but.....

It's the same in Malta, they do not accept BSAC tick box self-certification efforts only those signed by a Dr. However if you have one from 3 years ago you will probably be ok (go have a read of it) as most last for 5 years under the age of 40 (I think) - sorry kirky just looked at your profile and realised that maybe that last bit doesn't help much

BSAC medical page

hopefully the above may help and will list medical referrees (diving docs) who should be able to sort you a medical with no problems

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>No Kirky here in Tenerife a selfcert will do . All you have to do is sign the PADI thingy saying that you have none of the listed conditions and Bob is your aunty .
If you have any more questions , give me a schout.
Michael ( the lesser Pervert )

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Many thanks Mary and Scuba1.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Imported post

I was in Tenerife last October all i had to do was to fill in a self certificate, but that was with Island-divers i dont know what the others may do hope this was some help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts