YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a tent for sale.. nothing huge or the like, just for little old me... the easier to put up the better....

B x

·
Registered
13,519 Posts

THIS

and

Both new last year but as others have said you would be better buying one locally.

Check out eBay, GOoutdoors, Decathalon

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I would also take into account wether this is for weekend diving trips, and you are carrying your gear in a car and there will be dive buddies to help, in which case go for a bit larger size just for the comfort factor,no need to go as large as Gareth (spacehoppers) which has East and West wings and servants quarters :) if you are backpacking then spend more and get a quality tent that will stand the rigours of wild camping and not break your back carrying it.

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
If its just for you and a back pack than you could do worse that the 2 man from tesco's its £9.97.

I got one last year when on the first day of a weeks walking holiday I discovered, while pitching, that I had removed the flysheet from my £200 walking tent to dry it after the last use. A night in a B&B was followed by a quick trip to tescos and our holiday was saved. It is very lightweight and was good enough for two of us and all our gear for a week (a bit compact though).

You would be welcome to have the tesco's tent for free from me if you like, now that my main tent has been re-united, but I'm guessing the cost of p&P etc would be more than the tent.

The only thing is, being a single skin tent, you have to stay away from the sides first thing in the morning as you may get a little damp

Conor

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Some good suggestions and mine's daft as there isn't one near you. Decathlon have tents that are very cheap and put themselves up. About 20 Euro over here IIRC.

Chris

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
I have a 2 person igloo tent you can have if you want it? less than 1 year old and used on a 4 day dive trip.

A couple of minutes to put up and yours [or anyone else who wants it] for the postage to your place.

Safe diving,
Steve

Reactions: Skiver

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Does anyone have a tent for sale.. nothing huge or the like, just for little old me... the easier to put up the better....

B x
Things still bad with the landlady B? :D

·
ego postulo urino
3,325 Posts
pm pw1664 berit, his may be on the market ;)
(I'm sure it will dry out properly :teeth:)
just make sure you do the right zip up. (tee-hee)
mike.
It's still put up in my garage!!... with my mat and sleeping bag!!

Thanks for snitching....:frown:

:D

At leat we perservered and got 4 dives in ! ;)

·
Registered
24,810 Posts

Well.... tell the whole story... the rest of us are dying to know.
(OK, I need a bit of entertaining seeing as how my diving tomorrow has been canned and Sunday is on a 'wait and see' :(

·
Registered
2,507 Posts

some even got 5 dives in and very gratefull we were too :teeth:
(kids got baked beans AND toast this week :wink: )
mike.
(snitch)

·
ego postulo urino
3,325 Posts
Well.... tell the whole story... the rest of us are dying to know.
(OK, I need a bit of entertaining seeing as how my diving tomorrow has been canned and Sunday is on a 'wait and see' :(
I thought I'd zipped the tent up, but no, in my drunken stuper I'd partly zipped the inner fly net up... not a the bottom tho.

I'm sure you recall the weather last weekend, it poured down in the night. I woke up in a puddle.....

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
I thought I'd zipped the tent up, but no, in my drunken stuper I'd partly zipped the inner fly net up... not a the bottom tho.

I'm sure you recall the weather last weekend, it poured down in the night. I woke up in a puddle.....
Oh dear. Not as dramatic as Mike would have had us believe :)but still rather uncomfortable

I don't think you could do that with my tent as the sleeping part is a seperate bit with an integral groundsheet that seems to be fairly well sealed from the elements. i think it would have to be in about 6 inches of water to get wet.

At least you slept through it. Normally I wake up at the slightest owl hoot. Or is it a snore?

·
ego postulo urino
3,325 Posts
Oh dear. Not as dramatic as Mike would have had us believe :)but still rather uncomfortable

I don't think you could do that with my tent as the sleeping part is a seperate bit with an integral groundsheet that seems to be fairly well sealed from the elements. i think it would have to be in about 6 inches of water to get wet.

At least you slept through it. Normally I wake up at the slightest owl hoot. Or is it a snore?
There was a little bit more, not dramatic tho.

I normally use a 'mummy' type sleeping bag. It's really toasty, but I hate the restriction around my legs/feet. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a couple of standard sleeping bags at a bargain price.

Again in my drunken stuper, I thought it would be a good idea to zip the two together... sooo I fully unzipped them both but couldn't figure out how to zip them together, I couldn't even zip them back up individually.

I ended up sleeping fully clothed, rolled up in two bags with the front of the tent half open soaked through...

Not dramatic, not impressive... some laughed tho..... Mike !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts