YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
The brains & beauty behind 'Kinky Divers'
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well as everyone else is probably still on the boat, or the road back home I'll start todays report off......
I left home at 5am, and it started raining by 5.15, there was a considerable storm on the way down the M25/20/26 this morning, thunder & lightening, a bit of aqua planing :eek: and rain that didn't stop (drought, what drought?) until we were on Neptune and well underway........

Met up early with Fi in the carpark, we sheltered in my beast until Dave (Burke) arrived & then chatted from the relative dryness of our respective cars....... the rest of TGIF arrived & we soggily decamped on board.

Jay was in his usual form....... ;) Aide smiled & fetched my drysuit in from the wet, Nigel supplied the tea & coffee, Howard Jnr gave line laying instruction in the cabin & the Canterbury crew made plans....... Paul and Dave (Skipper) came up with a wreck that 'might' have viz and was new to most on board.

As soon as we arrived it was slack, Pete dropped in first, swiftly followed by Jay & Aide, then Dave et al. I dithered about and finally followed Paul down the shot...... there was a fair bit of particulate in the water, I passed the 1st in coming out as my progress down the line was hampered by a sticky ear and counterlungs that kept filling up.......

Bottom of the shot & there was Paul, I apologised for my tardiness & we got battered by the current into the other lines....... our communication has improved...... whatever Paul says I agree to, seems to work :teeth:
we crossed over the deck to drop down out of the current and then found the broken bit of stern.........., viz was a good 3-5m in places, ambient light was good enough not to need a torch except to shine at lobbies & pollock or was it bib? Silver fish with vertical stripes anyway.......
I thumbed it at 40 mins with just 10mins of stops and headed up the line, my counterlungs still gave me grief, so my deco was less than perfect & comfortable, after 51mins I gave up and headed for the sunshine and the surface :D
My VR3 is still in the car, so depth was 32-37m ish....

Many thanks to Aide & Dave who removed my Ali80 & fins to let me sit down. Nigel made refreshments, the chocolates were opened & devoured, the 'Finest' biscuits were finished by the time they got to Dave & I but Howard Jnr shared his :teeth:

The sun shone on the way back & life was good. Diving on a weekday is fun, fun, fun.......
Lunch at the Flagstaff was rather good as we ate al fresco, then I bade the intrepid teams farewell & headed back for the 'shire.........

So Pop Quiz......
Who offered their crotch to our leader?
Who promised to kiss the naked bum of Mr Ingram if they assisted in the aquiring of brass?
Who jumped in without their computer and had to return from the shot to pick it up?

No prizes but I'm sure everyone else will join in with more!

Many thanks Paul for arranging our day & being my buddy, looking forward to a full day out soon :embarassed:

Reactions: Clare

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
I'm gutted to have missed it, it sounds the usual blast.........I would say it was Scubagay for the first 2 and Sir Paul for the third? ;)

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
Sadly I fear it was Scubacloset for all three m'afraid. Calls his girlfriend "The Smokescreen" - very funny :D

Other top conversation of the day:

Dave Batchelor (To Scubacloset surfacing after diving the Brazen): So where's yer porthole then?
Scubacloset: I had to leave it to find Adrian
Dave: (Semi serious :) ) There will always be other buddies - there may not be other portholes

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Sadly I fear it was Scubacloset for all three m'afraid. Calls his girlfriend "The Smokescreen" - very funny :D
I originally said Scubagay for all 3 then changed it so I couldn't be accused of alternative lifestyle devotee persecution ;)

Glad you all had a good day.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
464 Posts
Why do I have to work, I'd love to drop in on a couple of these, have finally sorted my stage out too. My original guess would have been at least the 1st two for jay, for some reason the bare ass kissing struck me as something he would probably do!

Just realised, my 100th post and all I can manage is some abuse, what has the world come to?

EDIT : Good report, just making me jealous though! Stupid idea this living in birmingham lark!

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
32-37m?? Poor Fi, can't have been much fun staying on the boat whilst you all dived then :D

·
The brains & beauty behind 'Kinky Divers'
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well......

32-37m?? Poor Fi, can't have been much fun staying on the boat whilst you all dived then :D
My lips are sealed.........:angel:
Howard Payne said:
Sadly I fear it was Scubacloset for all three m'afraid. Calls his girlfriend "The Smokescreen" - very funny
Not fair Jr, you were on board! ;)

OK, another one.........
which team were decidedly green about the gills in the morning? ;)
Who broke their 'not getting in' duck?

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
What hapened to "I dived the Arch and survived" ;)

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
Play nice you lot - she was in good hands :D

·
15,343 Posts
Well as everyone else is probably still on the boat, or the road back home I'll start todays report off......
I left home at 5am, and it started raining by 5.15, there was a considerable storm on the way down the M25/20/26 this morning, thunder & lightening, a bit of aqua planing :eek: and rain that didn't stop (drought, what drought?) until we were on Neptune and well underway........

Met up early with Fi in the carpark, we sheltered in my beast until Dave (Burke) arrived & then chatted from the relative dryness of our respective cars....... the rest of TGIF arrived & we soggily decamped on board.

Jay was in his usual form....... ;) Aide smiled & fetched my drysuit in from the wet, Nigel supplied the tea & coffee, Howard Jnr gave line laying instruction in the cabin & the Canterbury crew made plans....... Paul and Dave (Skipper) came up with a wreck that 'might' have viz and was new to most on board.

As soon as we arrived it was slack, Pete dropped in first, swiftly followed by Jay & Aide, then Dave et al. I dithered about and finally followed Paul down the shot...... there was a fair bit of particulate in the water, I passed the 1st in coming out as my progress down the line was hampered by a sticky ear and counterlungs that kept filling up.......

Bottom of the shot & there was Paul, I apologised for my tardiness & we got battered by the current into the other lines....... our communication has improved...... whatever Paul says I agree to, seems to work :teeth:
we crossed over the deck to drop down out of the current and then found the broken bit of stern.........., viz was a good 3-5m in places, ambient light was good enough not to need a torch except to shine at lobbies & pollock or was it bib? Silver fish with vertical stripes anyway.......
I thumbed it at 40 mins with just 10mins of stops and headed up the line, my counterlungs still gave me grief, so my deco was less than perfect & comfortable, after 51mins I gave up and headed for the sunshine and the surface :D
My VR3 is still in the car, so depth was 32-37m ish....

Many thanks to Aide & Dave who removed my Ali80 & fins to let me sit down. Nigel made refreshments, the chocolates were opened & devoured, the 'Finest' biscuits were finished by the time they got to Dave & I but Howard Jnr shared his :teeth:

The sun shone on the way back & life was good. Diving on a weekday is fun, fun, fun.......
Lunch at the Flagstaff was rather good as we ate al fresco, then I bade the intrepid teams farewell & headed back for the 'shire.........

So Pop Quiz......
Who offered their crotch to our leader?
Who promised to kiss the naked bum of Mr Ingram if they assisted in the aquiring of brass?
Who jumped in without their computer and had to return from the shot to pick it up?

No prizes but I'm sure everyone else will join in with more!

Many thanks Paul for arranging our day & being my buddy, looking forward to a full day out soon :embarassed:

I musty have passed you on the M25 going the other way. The rain in Kent was awfull this morning, then it was nice then it lashed down again in Littlehampton.

Glad you all had a good time.

Janos and i had an errrr interesting day :D

ATB

Mark Chase

·
15,343 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Oi, get your hands off :D

ATB

Mark
Precisely what i was going to say.

it would have been the smoking jacket that did it. Sucker for some embroidered silk on a cad, she is.

Still. He should have known better than to lead her astray. Mistress will not be happy with him. He shall be summonesed to the Dark Star to explain....

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Yes a very nice dive, and a bit of a change from my last dive, on wed off Lanzaroti :)

My first time on this wreck which Nigel has identified as the Thornhill, which is reported lost in the Bay of Biscay in 1876, hmm she was heading down channel when she sunk, she is quite proud and is a bit twisted with the superstructure over the starboard side and the bow broken off and standing very proud.

A general depth of about 32-34m with a scour at the stern down to 38m, she has at least 2 boilers and was a fully rigged sailing ship.

Having crossed her quite wide decks me and Blanaid covered the more mundane port side, however once we headed back to the shot we had some very nice light viz and a good look about. Quite a few entry points that need a rummage on this one :)

So Captain Deco wins the Comedy Diver award today, his botched suit repairs seem to have been overlooked, as being a bloke he can instinctively dismantle and reassemble a shoulder dump with no reference to any instructions :) so it leaks continually :)

Well done to Howard on some quality line laying from the bridge to the kit bench so Fi did not get lost onboard.

Many thanks to Seven of Fi for bringing the rain down from Manchester :(

Many thanks to Dave Burke for feeding me all day :)

Other Comedy moments:-

Captain Deco forgetting his Computer, Suit inflater and Fins - The last 2 i pointed out before he got in the water :)

Dovershark still strapped to the bench :)

Simon's Comedy Medusa twin 10's :)

Unfortunately Howard got caught pink handed trying to modify Jay's rig

Dive 2 on HMS Brazen was a typical dark Dover dive, with about 3m of viz in our torch beams. A very good day out :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
top report as always blanaid
great day out , 2 good dives, it was nice to meet you all,
hope you all had a safe trip home
big thanks to paul for sorting this out
hope to see you all again
safe diving
dave

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Play nice you lot - she was in good hands :D
I was in very good hands and thanks Howard I had a good day out :eek:

Yes day out in Dover, I spent a total of 11.5 hours in the car arriving home at 11.15pm, I'll never think a journey to the Redsea is boring again. I'll be in Hurgharda in less time next week :)

A chance thread about line laying led to some PM's with Howard and he agreed to be my buddy for the day, so I had been looking forward to diving with the last Chimp for a few weeks. Howard was lovely :wink: he looked after me and I felt very comfortable right up to getting back on the boat from the first dive and it was probably the first time I had felt very sick and had a raging headache, although the headache had been there for most of the week away.

I think we survived the line laying and I didn't get in his way :) it was good to get back in the salty stuff, thanks to Paul for inviting me on his weekday gigs. Looking forward to next one, hopefully the Henry B Plant can be back on the list sometime as long as someone keeps his nose out.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Just checked my computer my depth was 30.5m is that OK :D
30.5? On nitrox? You're going to die of narcosis. Then they'll come and take the cert card out of your cold dead hands.

;) :D

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
30.5? On nitrox? You're going to die of narcosis. Then they'll come and take the cert card out of your cold dead hands.

;) :D

I think you'll find Tom that the ppO2 will kill you first. Definitely. If you get above 1.2 then you die, instantly, honest. :D

I blame Payne. He's a bad infleuce. He broke my rebreather and everything a couple of weeks ago. So I stole his fins. (joking, can't find the bastard things anywhere)

Digs.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
I did think that his Yellow fins were a bit unusual, but thought maybe he was in Snorkel mode ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts