YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having already sold my soul to Nackers once, I had a Niknaks Birthday discount voucher burning a hole in my pocket, so I ordered a rather nice Frog SMB on Monday afternoon.

I got back from work on Tuesday to find a Royal Mail card through the door but with my neighbour's name on it. I passed it to my neighbour who went to the Post Office to collect their parcel, only to find that our numpty postie had put the wrong name on the card and the parcel was actually my blob!

So, less than 24 hours after ordering it, it had arrived at my door.

Well done Phil! Credit for good service where it is due :thumbsup:

Helen xxx

·
Custom User Title
292 Posts

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Yep unless I get an update from him soon, then there will be another update to my ongoing saga thread. :angry:
Mr nicknaks will be very happy to have all the positive stuff on here about him, i hope the neg stuff will not upset him too much, fairs fair and all that.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Helen,
It's good that you've had good service from Phill, I too have had nothing but good service but I know that's not universal, you win some you lose some.
Dan I hope you get things sorted soon.

·
16,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Helen,
It's good that you've had good service from Phill, I too have had nothing but good service but I know that's not universal, you win some you lose some.
Dan I hope you get things sorted soon.
I agree, and any supplier who delivers to me within less than 24 hours* or gives what I consider to be a really good level of service will get my thanks on here...just like those who consistently haven't given me good service have also got a mention from me in the past.

*I won't be posting every time I get an Asda home delivery though guys :)

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
You lazy bugger Helen, go to the supermarket like the rest of us! :)

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
You lazy bugger Helen, go to the supermarket like the rest of us! :)
Sod that... Helen is right, get them to deliver it to you! No more... queuing up behind OAPs, having to tell the kids to stop emptying the shelves into the trolley, waiting at the checkout 'cos there's no 'code' on something, buying stuff you don't really need (this happens every time I shop at the supermarket), getting back to the car only to find some ignorant to55er has bumped/scratched the car, oooooohhhhhh and so many more... not saying it's all rosey, dates can be an issue on some stuff delivered, but I think I can live with that... sort of!

Pete

·
16,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sod that... Helen is right, get them to deliver it to you! No more... queuing up behind OAPs, having to tell the kids to stop emptying the shelves into the trolley, waiting at the checkout 'cos there's no 'code' on something, buying stuff you don't really need (this happens every time I shop at the supermarket), getting back to the car only to find some ignorant to55er has bumped/scratched the car, oooooohhhhhh and so many more... not saying it's all rosey, dates can be an issue on some stuff delivered, but I think I can live with that... sort of!

Pete

Actually, I never thought about it before but getting your groceries delivered probably saves the environment - one van travelling round is a lot more green than all us individuals getting in our cars and driving to the supermarket - and the bonus is not having to put up with whingeing kids and dawdling pensioners.

was the Spar shut then?
Don't you mean Netto?

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
I get all mine delivered to the office, i use Abel and Cole and they do all organic foods. Pay a bit of a premium but i don't have to shop with the lower classes and the foods very tasty.

·
I came, I saw, I dived
552 Posts
Back on Thread...

Another big thanks to NikNaks,

Ordered some bits yesterday lunchtime, they were on my desk 9am this morning.

First Class :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

G

·
0 Posts
on the positive side, niknaks is only 15 minutes away so I can collect

on the negative side, niknaks is only 15 minutes away so I visit and see all the shiney stuff

:D

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Having already sold my soul to Nackers once, I had a Niknaks Birthday discount voucher burning a hole in my pocket, so I ordered a rather nice Frog SMB on Monday afternoon.

I got back from work on Tuesday to find a Royal Mail card through the door but with my neighbour's name on it. I passed it to my neighbour who went to the Post Office to collect their parcel, only to find that our numpty postie had put the wrong name on the card and the parcel was actually my blob!

So, less than 24 hours after ordering it, it had arrived at my door.

Well done Phil! Credit for good service where it is due :thumbsup:

Helen xxx
I agree. Sorry to anyone who hasn't had great service but I've always recieved goods within 48 hours from Niknaks.

Actually, I never thought about it before but getting your groceries delivered probably saves the environment - one van travelling round is a lot more green than all us individuals getting in our cars and driving to the supermarket - and the bonus is not having to put up with whingeing kids and dawdling pensioners.
Yes but there's still an environmental cost. They way to be really green is to grow, find or kill your own food. I'm catering tonight and a brief visit to the park will ensure that once again my swan and squirrel tartlets with sycamore bark rosti will be the talking point of the evening.:teeth:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts