YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget!
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just returned from another trip out to El Gouna but spent most of my time with my neighbour YD'er Simon TW.   Simon lives ten minutes drive from me down the Red Sea coast towards Hurghada.   He has a beautiful villa with swimming pool and private beach with the most stunning views.   He has been driving me around in his very impressive black Dodge Ram 8 cylinder car, taking me to favourite restaurants, giving me champagne and easter eggs as we watch the sun set on his sun loungers on the beach and then we are waited on hand and foot by his house boy Ramadan.

We did, of course, go diving too  
   Went out with the Dive Tribe in El Gouna to their local sites of Dolphin House, Poseidon Garden and El Galawa.   Diving is superb as usual and the highlight is always the dolphins.   Air temperature was up to 32 degrees and water temperature 22.

And now I'm back to reality in the UK  

Wish I was still with Simon in the Egypt......

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Imported post

Oooooooo, you are making me go green with envy georgina!!

I have been looking at the dive tribe site and getting tempted by the opportunity to swim with the dolphins!! Where abouts do they generally hang out? I'm sure that I wouldn't quite believe it if they ever joinde me on a dive...I came up from a dive this year when I had 9 manta's circling me on my safety stop and I couldn't speak!!! I probably wouldn't speak for a week if I could have my dream of dolphins around me in the water (hubbie might think that this is a good thing though!!!!)

Happy diving

Scubachick

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

oooo we are going to El Gouna in July for two weeks... bethi loves dolphins, swimming with them was the highlight of our red sea trip last year....
cant wait!
jules:D

·
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Goergina and Simon

Are the dolphins regularly  sighted or just  occasionally? I dont want to raise Bethi'shopes and then find that you only see them once in  blue moon.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ April 14 2004,15:55)]oooo we are going to El Gouna in July for two weeks... bethi loves dolphins, swimming with them was the highlight of our red sea trip last year....
cant wait!
oooooo, now I am doubly jealous!!!

Where are you staying Julia?

Scubachick

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

He's a nice big lad Jules. Try and catch up with him at some point! As soon as I get this other stuff sorted I'm going over. I'll try and avoid July though, don't know if I could handle two Clarks at the same time

Peter

·
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ April 14 2004,16:01)]Goergina and Simon

Are the dolphins regularly  sighted or just  occasionally? I dont want to raise Bethi'shopes and then find that you only see them once in  blue moon.

No, definately regularly.   Simon has wonderful stories about spending 40 minutes with them.   We saw a mother and baby while another group that went somewhere else said they had about twelve round them that day.   Tony from Wittering Divers who stayed at my apartment in October had fantastic dives with them.   The photographer Peter Tatton was on the same boat, he used up a whole film, surfaced, changed film, and got back in and joined them again!

Simon just rang me and I told him you were asking.   He said he will book them for you  
   He booked them for me and they came  

·
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Georgina @ April 14 2004,16:27)]Simon just rang me and I told him you were asking.   He said he will book them for you  
   He booked them for me and they came  

Cool, or as Bethi would say KEWELLL!

·
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ April 14 2004,16:16)]I'll try and avoid July though, don't know if I could handle two Clarks at the same time

Peter
that's ok then cos Bethi isn't a Clark she's a Marshall....
wadddddya mean you couldnt handle both of us??? you might noteven be able to handle one  
 LOL

yippppeeeeeeee (sorry just thought about diving with dolphins again )

·
rEvolutionary Diving
4,542 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>To book the dolphins I need at least a weeks notice cos they don't check their email on a regular basis. Dolphin house is a reef that the Dive Tribe will take you to on your first dive as it's shallow with not much current so it's good for covert check dives.

Dolphins are regular guests at many of the reefs though I tend to see them on frequently allthough a video guy who dives every day said that I was lucky if I dived with them once every 6 months, I must just be very very lucky cos I'm with them every time I don't take my camera. I now never take the camera, allthough I did have it when Georgia was diving and as soon as the battery went flat one came within a foot of me. Georgina had her camera but it went before she got off a shot. No problem though cos on the next dive we had the mother and baby and she took a few of them.

Come on Peter never mind thinking about it get it booked. Send me a PM or email.

It was also very nice having Georgina out here, I got to practice my English.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Imported post

Looks like I'm going to have to get myself to El Gouna very, very soon then!!! It appears that I am missing out on all of this exciting dolphin action!!!

Scubachick

·
rEvolutionary Diving
4,542 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Your not kidding, I did two dives today. One dolphin on the second dive, Iwas made up I'd just been photographing a pair of stonefish and when i turned around he was right behind me. We were in a lagoon and their was just me and my buddy, the dolphin stayed about 8 mins then other divers apeared and he took off persued by the group.

The real down side was that just as he apeared my camera stopped working, I think that they have a plan within the dolphin community not to come near me while I have a working camera.:)

I'm not diving tomorrow as I'm on a course so no doubt they will all be playing out.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Imported post

Simon!

I reckon it's about time we had some photographic eveidence to back up your stories put on here!!! It might mean the difference between me booking a holiday to El Gouna or not!!!!

Scubachick

·
My Nark is much worse that my Bite!
657 Posts
Imported post

Simon... keep them all in the dark...you could be, the throbbing love god... of YD
Sorry mate...I´ve also heard your nick name was " justin "....:p

·
rEvolutionary Diving
4,542 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Don't worry about keepin them in the dark will be easy cos I don't know how to post the pics. I stopped taking my camera cos I had that many photos on my pc it was absorbing all the space. Now I take the card to a shop and they put it on a cd. I will have to spend some time with my son when I'm back in the UK next week cos he used to do the picture stuff for me, so mabe I'll get him to show me how.

For all those who are going to post click this and press button that, don't bother cos I'll only cock it up. I can't even do the quote thingy.

I'm not to sure what you mean by "Justin"  or the throbbing love god, I'm a little slow so you will have to explain.

No dolphins today, I'm doing rescue diver course. I have been inspired by Digger, the dive god of YD.

Georgina took some good pictures at Easter, perhaps she is competent enough to post them.

·
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Simon TW @ April 22 2004,23:42)]I'm not to sure what you mean by "Justin"  or the throbbing love god, I'm a little slow so you will have to explain.

Georgina took some good pictures at Easter, perhaps she is competent enough to post them.
Yeah explain!   You told me I was the only one Simon  

Have got some photos but they are prints.   Doh.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scubadog @ April 22 2004,23:12)]Simon... keep them all in the dark...you could be, the throbbing love god... of YD
Sorry mate...I´ve also heard your nick name was " justin "....:p
Not sure what you mean there either!

I'm after seeing piccies of Dolphins which would entice me to visit El Gouna...my husband wouldn't be too happy to hear that I am going for any other reason....LOL!!!!!

Scubachick  

·
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scubachick1972 @ April 23 2004,08:39)]I'm after seeing piccies of Dolphins which would entice me to visit El Gouna...
For the best picture I have seen of the El Gouna Dolphins click on the Recommendations button of my website and click on Jens and Corinna's trip report El Gouna Apartment To Rent

Oh to be able to take a photo like that  

Also read the trip report by Tone from Wittering Divers if you are interested in dolphins.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Imported post

Thanks georgina!

Great trip reports there! Any ideas what the weather is like mid march time? On a liveaboard this year so don't think 2004 will be an option....

Cheers

Scubachick

Cheers, Scubachick

1 - 20 of 24 Posts