YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Getting Grumpy, Old and Twisted
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a couple of dives down at the NDAC Chepstow last weekend I failed to notice that my Bowstone weight harness was missing.
Was kit sorting last night (Friday) for a couple of dives at NDAC today and couldn't find my harness any where at home and thought the worst.
Got to NDAC at 08:40 this morning and asked Stuart if they had a Bowstone harness from last Saturday.
The answer was yes and the harness was then brought over to me shortly after I had parked up.
A bit of good news in the light of previous reports from other locations about kit going missing and not being found.
A big thank you to NDAC and a donation to the YD RNLI fund will be made.

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
Glad to see there's still a few honest people about
:)

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
After a couple of dives down at the NDAC Chepstow last weekend I failed to notice that my Bowstone weight harness was missing.
Was kit sorting last night (Friday) for a couple of dives at NDAC today and couldn't find my harness any where at home and thought the worst.
Got to NDAC at 08:40 this morning and asked Stuart if they had a Bowstone harness from last Saturday.
The answer was yes and the harness was then brought over to me shortly after I had parked up.
A bit of good news in the light of previous reports from other locations about kit going missing and not being found.
A big thank you to NDAC and a donation to the YD RNLI fund will be made.
Good to hear you got your lost harness back and that you are going to make a donation. Jay has sorted out banking for this but do not have details yet. It may be as well to message him direct.
On behalf of YD RNLI thank you.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
hi ya frank

im glad you got your weight harness back as i same as you hate loseing stuff !

and well done to the staff at the ndac for looking after the said item for ya !

best wishes leigh :angel:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have to thank the NDAC too

I dived with them last weekend and misplaced my fins. Just given the office a call and they're there waiting for me when I next dive with them. Easily the best inland dive site. Professional, friendly and efficient. 10 out of 10. Let's hope some of the lesser inland sites take a leaf out of their book.:teeth:

·
Banned
58 Posts
haven't been to NDAC Chepstow yet but will certainly give it a go knowing
how well run it appears to be - losing gear is a nightmare so nice to know that
people pick up loose gear.

Thanks for the heads up on it.

Cosmo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts