YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a superb day with Leigh at Stoney yesterday. I took Leigh up on his posting earlier in the week asking for a buddy. Leigh wanted to practice a few skills and I wanted the chance to try out my new dry suit.

This was only my 3rd trip to Stoney and the two previous trips were workshops and the like so I'd never seen the "attractions" Stoney has to offer.

The first dive took us to the Stanegarth and the Wessex, a good dive to get to know each others style. Leigh sent up his DSMB near the end of the dive and a slow ascent took us back to the Bus Stop. Dry suit performed superbly. Leigh was extremely complementary about my buoyancy and ascent, which were two things I really wanted to work on, so the hard work and the input from Mark Powell and Garf seem to be having some effect :)

Little bit of drama when we surfaced, heard shouts and the Rib was out extremley quickly, I was impressed with their response. Turns out apparantly case of lost buddy, 2 divers surfacing at the far side and the 3rd buddy surfacing near the slipway.

After a 90min SI and a bit of a chat etc we decided to try the Cessna. 22mins dive along the wall, we stayed at 15-16m until descending towards the plane. Viz was superb at this point! We spent 5 mins there and proceeded back for a dive time of 54 minutes.

A brilliant day, good company and two fantastic dives. Thanks Leigh:teeth:

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
An absolute pleasure gav to be in the water with yourself !

so relaxed and chilled out !

and could not complement you enough ,on both your diving skills, and your ever

growing knowledge in diving.

i would also like to say that the dry suit ya had looked as if it had been tailered for you alone,

but most of all thank you for making that trip up from brighton to dive at stoney

with me !a pleasure i hope to be experiencing again !

best wishes leigh (dive buddha)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Fi, the new drysuit was great! Fins... still waiting so had to resort to other means, suffice to say not particularly techie looking:embarassed:

Thanks for the comps Leigh, we'll def set something up:teeth:

Cheers

Gav

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Hi Fi, the new drysuit was great! Fins... still waiting so had to resort to other means, suffice to say not particularly techie looking:embarassed:

Thanks for the comps Leigh, we'll def set something up:teeth:

Cheers

Gav
not techie looking but on the other hand there was no chance of

loseing you in the gloom !! if we are talking fins here !

and suffice to say it costs nothing to complement someones diving as it not only

makes em feel good about what they are doing in the water but makes them

work harder to achieve that next level within their diving regardless of which

direction your diving takes you .

would love another dive day gav no worries ! you dive safe and take care buddy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts