YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>thanks for your good wishes i broke my leg playing football i broke my tibia and dislocated my ankle, lots of screws and a metal plate inserted and 3 operations later im on the mend i hope. worse thing was i was 2 games away from the end of the season and my retirement from playing football for good then this happens . never mind more time for diving when im better .

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Zubber - don't worry mate.

I broke tib and fib(two places) - I had my kneecap taken off and a titanium rod nailed down the tibia to my ankle. Two screws to hold it all together and knee-cap slid back.

It took a wee while to get everything sorted but now I'm diving with twins and stages with no problems.

Take it easy and don't rush your recovery.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>thanks for that mate sounds like you had it bad ill just be glad to have cast off its doin my head in they are so uncomfortable how did you do yours if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Football - I knew there was a reason why I have no time for it. And they say diving's dangerous!

Mend well mate and here's to seeing you in the wet. Happy Days.

Classic quote of the day.

Beckham is sitting next to Nelson Mandela and remonstrating with him about South Africa's past, and the rights and wrongs of the numerous pogroms enacted upon certain sections of the people of that land:

"Sorry Nelson, I still don't understand, I always wondered what you blacks had against Apartments?"

Ahem, coat fairly and squarely on.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts