YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Guys

I just have to say what a fantastic days TV watching the Abyss, such top quality marine life, and so good to see some 'Expert' divers doing their thang.

If that don't bump up the numbers of people wanting to try diving nothing will.

So add to that Liverpools Mighty Victory and ENGLANDS continued march to world domination and you could have as good a day as you can get without diving.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>or you could have gone diving, and taped them all...

i wished is hadnt, it rained all day!

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

It was all a bit "amazing", "fantastic", "unbelievable" for my liking - Kate Humble needs to chill a bit!

Great TV though - especially liked the guy diving on helium and explaining gas switching etc.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

I forgot about it  
and only saw the last one and a half bits.

I watched the highlights so I could watch the helium dive to 80 mtrs again but they did not show any of it  

Earlier I was on bended knee before the other half pleading my case about her getting a street job so I could afford a rebreather - just like the man on TV because "if they use them on TV they must be good and I really really want one". Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time, apparently "I already spend too much money and time diving and when am I going to do the redecorating ....." FFS.

Did you notice that when the guy was doing the full helmet diving (walking) that his helmet light had flooded - glad it happens to the professionals as well.

Def agree with the comments about Kate needing to chill. If she is always that loud when she is excited I would imagine her other half needs "intimate earplugs".

·
Registered
56 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mdemon @ Nov. 03 2003,10:57)]especially liked the guy diving on helium and explaining gas switching etc.
<font color='#000080'>Who thinks he was narked when he switched back off helium???
As in the VERY loud yell  of "I havnt a clue whats going on here" purportedly about the sharks but I'm convinced to warn the rest of the team about his state of mind, followed by several minutes of euphoric shreiking and burbling

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Like Fin I forgot and missed the whole ruddy shooting-match! Numpty that I am.  

Hopefully it will be repeated and or come out on DVD.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bren Tierney @ Nov. 03 2003,13:31)]Hopefully it will be repeated and or come out on DVD.
Bren,

I recorded abt 1 hr 40 mins worth - when I have watched it again I'll post it up to you if you are that interested in watching the program. It won't take that long before I watch it again as I really only want to watch the rebreather dive to 80 mtrs again.

Most of the other stuff that was seen from the ROV/deep submersible was similar to stuff I already have recorded. The interest was that it was supposed to be live.

Anyway, PM me your address if you want to watch the vid (postal strikes not withstanding).

Rgds
Bryan

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Kate

Well Ok he was probably a bit Narked, but i think i would have been yelling (if i had the facility), at the sight of all those Hammerheads swimming above me. What a sight

What about that terrible vis they had to put up with on the diving? Just like Dover

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finless @ Nov. 03 2003,15:53)]Anyway, PM me your address if you want to watch the vid (postal strikes not withstanding).
Hey Bryan,

As mi old mum used to say (in a heavily brogued Irish lilt): "Ah Jaze, you're a good man yourself!" PM on its way.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Yes I got the impression the guy on the rebreather was pretty narked before the switchover. Maybe he's always that elated!!
Agree the vis was a sickener never mind just like Dover just like some dives in the Clyde NOT

·
Registered
676 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Was that a Prism re-breather? I hadn't seen one before. They had a YBOD on the boat but didn't see anyone using it.

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

Phil

Not sure about the RB Type, however that dive was recorded and i think i read a report on it in a dive mag, not sure which one, but probably Dive or Diver. I'll have a dig through them.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Yep, I think it must have been on a review tape, as the Times TV bit mentioned that he saw the hammerheads.

Adrian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts