YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>One world, one tribe, divers unite!

What a catch phrase, we should have this on a YD tee shirt. I think it describes us very well.

I don't care who you learnt to dive with as long as you are safe & enjoy the dive.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Amen to all tha above!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Imported post

Couldn't resist the temptation:

1- guillotine, well that's how we lynch people in France. We've never gone for the flaming crosses being a nation of fervent catholics (no headscarves eh..)
2- Bren's recent go at the "continentals" re spain etc. Good fun to read, I happen to share many of the views - been living in the UK for too long (22yrs) I guess. But contrary to popular belief we're not all a bunch of softies.. I just think that we're not geared up for conventional/occupation warfare. Leave the brute force/$$ stuff to the yanks and focus on precision. When it comes to tactical/covert ops, we can look after ourselves thank you very much (beau geste and all that..)
3- and finally the piece de resistance: BSAC and PADI are crap ;o) I'm CMAS (and -PADI- oops I tend to hide that)

Bring on the guillotine!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (andyp @ Mar. 17 2004,11:07)]Errrr, Steve,

Thats a guillotine, lynching usually involves a rope

Andrew
Ah but I was trying to be more European by depicting "la lynchage a la Francais, circa 1793-1794", you bloody pedant  

OK, I confess, I couldn't find a hanged man at short notice,
there you go dude

·
Registered
964 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Mar. 17 2004,11:01)]Well said that man! In fact lets lynch the next person that brings up that stupid f***ing topic
Hope that includes all instances of divers from one agency having a go at other agencies...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Mar. 17 2004,11:20)]
Now if you're being pedantic then, shouldn't the rope be to the side of the head?

I was always lead to believe that the noose broke the neck so if it was placed directly behind the head, one would merely be choked to death, would one not?

One  shall avail one's self of one's external vestments.
(trans: I'll get mi coat!!)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Ah... yes, quite so, your pedantic exactitude is fully in agreement with current medical and judicial theory, but... as you can see the offender was previously decapitated, the hanging is of course a symbolic gesture, akin to sticking a head on a pikestaff,  in an attempt to deter further offenders
 Besides, I couldn't find a full corpse

·
Registered
125 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>of course he might well have been hanged..if you don't get the drop right, decapitation is an unfortunate side effect, as photos from forensic pathology show...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Imported post

Well i believe that its all swings and roundabouts who taught you to dive. Each agency will have its digs at the others, but i think thats part of the fun. If you can't have a bit of banter about these things then its a sad world.

Its the diver you develop in to, and not who trained you. I'll dive with anyone as long as they are safe, i dont care what agency they are. I dive with BSAC or PADI divers, and i know muppets from both training agencies as well.

Dive safe guys

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Fee wrote
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]of course he might well have been hanged..if you don't get the drop right, decapitation is an unfortunate side effect, as photos from forensic pathology show...
and these are to be found where.... ?

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Mar. 17 2004,18:29)]and these are to be found where.... ?
<font color='#000080'>Oh I've got some absolute beauties. I keep them to show to my trainees just to harden them up a bit. Real gut turning stuff!

There is the one of the guy who tried to hang himself in his car - put the noose around his neck, tied the other end to a lamp post then floored the accellerator. We found the decapitated corpse in the car and the head sat upright on it's stump 20 yards behind in the middle of the road. He had an oddly satisfied smile on his face!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Mar. 17 2004,21:22)]There is the one of the guy who tried to hang himself in his car - put the noose around his neck, tied the other end to a lamp post then floored the accellerator. We found the decapitated corpse in the car and the head sat upright on it's stump 20 yards behind in the middle of the road. He had an oddly satisfied smile on his face!
Sounds like a cry for help to me, my car normally conks out before it gets 20 yards.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Mar. 17 2004,21:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Mar. 17 2004,18:29)]and these are to be found where.... ?
Oh I've got some absolute beauties. I keep them to show to my trainees just to harden them up a bit. Real gut turning stuff!
Mmmmm, glad you're not training me then!  

·
I went DIR... but my bungies pulled me back!
400 Posts
Imported post

Sick Pics, check out Rotten.com

Hours of fun ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts