YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Recently dived the Delpth water temp 5 degrees visability 2m.
Nice that from the walk in entry you can now follow a roped trail around the deeper part of the Quarry , without the rope you'd need to be spot on with your compass work.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Yeah, but did you actually get to see anything except for the rope? Last time I went there was no viz whatsoever. A hell of a lot of work still to be done there.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Not been to the delph for a couple of months, it was dire last time.
I went regularly last year, its only 20mins drive for me, and it just got worse and worse.
The filteration system John has got running seems to do be doing more harm than good imho.

Probably try it again in the next few weeks so will post again if there's any improvement.

Stu

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Yes likewise Eccy Delph's about half an hous drive from me.
Not tried it since it was revamped and not been very encouraged with the vis reports so far.
It was pretty grim before they drained it and "cleaned it out"
It must be better !!!!!!!.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Imported post

I used to dive the Delph in the mid 80's. Viz was crap then, but it was free! It was a bit of a scramble down the bank to get in. I remember lots of brambles...
I also remember having a dive under the ice there January 1985.

Used to pay for my air by removing the radiators from the wrecked cars and then flogging them to the scrap yard.

It was good practice for the then tolerated descimation of wrecks in the sea by the lump hammer/chisel technique...
Ah... happy days...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts