YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Exiled in Scotland...
6,245 Posts
I think I see an important lesson there for me. I carry a 7ltr ali when diving, for bailout. If I do anything deep(er) I will buy another as one 7ltr doesn't go far. Plus I can carry a deep bailout and shallow deco mix.

· Exiled in Scotland...
6,245 Posts
I did something recently, which I never finished off. I tried simulating a dive on the VR3 (on the PC) then bailing out to air at the end of the dive. I wanted to get a table together so I had an idea of what deco increase I would have on varying dives. I can then use this to plan bailout volumes prior to dives. I have some bailout tables Paul Channing did a while ago. I might also have alook at them too.

I know the VR3 will tell me what deco I have if I bail out and change the VR3 settings, but it would be usefull to have an idea of this prior to the bailout, at the worst time, so I can plan bailout accordingly.

Dave C

· Exiled in Scotland...
6,245 Posts
So what is that program called Mark?

I've just done an Excell Spreadsheet based on Paul C's bailout tables for the volumn of bailout I would need. Now I'm not advocating the tables as I don't know exactly how he did them but I think I did the calulations for the bailout right.

Mark, you could run a comparison on your GoPram and let me know how I'm doing:

Dive1:
[1.3 setpoint] Air Dil, Air Bail out.
40m for 30 mins. Stops at:
21 - 1
18 - 2
15 - 2
12 - 3
0.9 - 3
0.6 - 3
0.45 - 10

This with a SAC of 30, this leaves me needing 675 ltrs to 21m (3mins travel time, incl bailing out), 1101ltrs for the stops (total = 1776 ltrs => 9ltrs @200 bar fill) ~10ltrs cylinder of Air

(Please Bare in mind I'm not asking for a discussion of the bailout deco table and stops. Just give me an idea of the amount of air I need to get to the surface given the times listed. I can change the deco table as and when I do one myself, given any advice separately later) (also I'm an Air Dil diver and can't use Trimix for deco. Also lets assume I have one gas - AIR.)

Dave C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.