YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Just had an email from Louise Trewavas. She's talking about coming up to the Farnes mid July for a play.... I've not dived them so does anyone fancy a play?

Will post more details as I get them.

I'm sure Gav will love the chance to meet up with the "part-time hack"

·
Registered
223 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Driftwood @ June 25 2003,01:33)]Just had an email from Louise Trewavas. She's talking about coming up to the Farnes mid July for a play.... I've not dived them so does anyone fancy a play?

Will post more details as I get them.

I'm sure Gav will love the chance to meet up with the "part-time hack"

Do you think the Farnes would be too cold to dive in a semi dry suit??  Might sound like a stupid question but i stil haven't done my dry suit course yet...  

Read about the Farnes in Sport Diver and it's soo on my wishlist of UK dives but as I havenm't done much Uk diving, am slightly concerned about temps etc....

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Drift - stop trying to cause trouble will ya.

I was planning on a Farnes trip around then - staying at my friends holiday cottage. It sleeps about 12.

If someone wants to organise the boat - I'll do accomodation.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Yeah, count me in, i have been waiting for an oppertunity to get to the Farnes.  I will keep my eye out on here for prices, accomodation ect....ect...

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Guess I could be on board for that one.

Re boats, Ron Young recommends "The Moby" which is a BIG rib, saw it on Sunday in Beadnell car park, The skipper charges ~£300 per day for the boat, works out at a shade under £30 per person for two dives (obviously depending on numbers. One drawback (for the ladies) is that there's no "head" on board. I've been advised by another diver who's been on the Moby that you should take a cushion with you !

Alternatively, there are plenty of regular hard boats available from Seahouses

Steve

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Imported post

Can't join you I'm afraid - cash lack of flow! - but can highly recommend Sovereign II if you want a hard boat.

Ask nicely and Andy might even bring the dog out - being a sheep dog he counts the divers out and back, I kid you not! Feet up on the side, peering into the depths. This is after he's accepted that he can't stop you going by trying to get in the way and whining at you  

Have fun,
Dave.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Imported post

Hi all

I have the MV Guide Me booked for the weekend 5 and 6 July if anyone is interested.  Intend diving the Somali with option of the Christiansen and some seal dives.  Looking at Advanced Open Water (with experience of diving from a hard boat and deep wrecks - 30 metres) or equivalent.

Cost will be £46 for four dives.  I can book accommodation in the Links Hotel at £26 per night or you can find your own cheaper alternative.

Few places left, first come, first booked.  Need a cheque made out for the cost of the diving to confirm your booking.

Please make out your cheque to "Kevin Martin" and forward them to:
19 Auckland Avenue
Cottingham Road
Hull
HU6 7SE

Regards.

Kev

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Kev,

Put me down for two places. Cheque's in the post tonight.

Gav

Oh yeah and accomodation for two for Friday and Saturday night too pls.

·
Have You Seen My 'Demi-john'?
997 Posts
Imported post

il make one for farnes

john

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hmmmm.... Anglesey versus Farnes on the same weekend...  
You tempter !
 I feel my northumbian affinity is winning here.

I'd be interested to see the Somalia but possibly more interested in diving with the seals. What's the diving itinery like so far? Fills on board? plan two dives per day?
let me know
Steve

·
Resident Princess & 'Ned Redresser'
194 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>

not fair, not fair, NOT FAIR!!!! (tantrum brewing -stomp of feet, sticking out tongue and scweem and scween until I make mythelf quite thick!).

If it's the weekend of 5/6th July then Gavin gets to go and I don't!!  

What happened to "mid July"?? I could go the following weekend!!!! (w/e of 12/13th)?

Fi

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fi @ June 26 2003,13:34)]until I make mythelf quite thick!
<font color='#000F22'>I'm not saying anything  

·
Registered
106 Posts
Imported post

All,

Firstly, Fi - my sincerest, most grovelling apologies.  As far as I know, the YDers will still be planning on a mid-July visit to the Farnes.  It just so happened that I had this trip for the 5/6th already planned and thought I would offer an alternative extra to the thread.

Steve - we will be conducting two divers per day.  The boat goes back into Seahouses and the cylinders need to be filled in between dives.  As for the itinerary, basically, we will dive the Somali on the first dive Saturday with a second, shallower dive centred around where the seals seem to be congregating.
Dave Fordy, our skipper, has never let us down yet and we have some memorable photographs of our numerous visits with him.  The Somali is an excellent wreck in just over 30 metres and there are still lots of interesting artifacts to look for.

Oh, and the MV Guide Me has a kettle and an onboard toilet.
Tea and a pee!  That's what I call hardboat diving.

Best regards.

Kev

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>if the YD trip ends up being the 19th 20th july then I might have a posse of 2 , 3 or 4 interested becuase we were talking about getting a boat....
jules

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.