YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Swims with More Seals
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
8 July 2006 8 Acre Lake near Hull

Leave the M62 at junction 38 which is the North Cave turn off.
Head into North Cave on the B1230 past the White Hart pub on your left.
Turn right at the war memorial towards Everthorpe/South Cave for half a mile.
Then turn right onto Mires Lane follow this to the end then go straight on down the track sign posted for the dive site.
We are at the end on the left.

DOORS OPEN TO PUBLIC AT 10AM

ALL DIVERS OUT OF WATER AT 4PM

RAFFLE DRAWN AT 4.30PM

In order to monitor attendance for safety reasons (and getting scran for the BBQ!!) please can you go HERE What No Website: Web Application Development, Promotion and Support

You will be asked to pay a £5 reservation fee, the remaining £5 is payable on the gate on the day - all monies donated to MNDA. It just means I can keep tabs on you all!!!

You will still be allowed to turn up on the day without having reserved but please note, if this gig goes through the roof I cannot guarantee that you will get in the water or even the site if we are packed out!!!

For the non divers there will be a bouncy castle (insured for adult usage!) and BBQ.

Dave and Michelle have very kindly offered that ALL entrance fees for the day will be donated to MND. We are trying to get as much "sponsorship" for the event so that all money that you part with will go to the charity.

Everyones support would be grately appreciated. More details to follow.

OFFICIAL RAFFLE PRIZE LIST
Holiday Oonas Diving
Uwatec Digital Compass Narked at 90
Weekend Diving Jurassic Coast Diving
Back Plate and Harness Kitfondle
Print Gloc
Frogman Lenser Torch Newcastle Dive Centre
OW/AOW/Rescue Course Dive Station
Orange SMB Kent Tooling
Large Black YD Fleece Diving Daisy
Medium Black YD Fleece Diving Daisy
Light Unit Holder Kent Tooling
Large YD Hoodie Diving Daisy
UKD4 Torch Dive Station
TekTite Trek400 Divers Warehouse
TekTite Lithium Torch Divers Warehouse
Medium YD Tshirt Diving Daisy
XXL YD Tshirt Diving Daisy
XXL T shirt Divers Warehouse
L Tshirt Divers Warehouse
L T shirt Divers Warehouse
YD Duffle Bag Diving Daisy
YD Duffle Bag Diving Daisy
Regulator Bag Robin Hood Watersports
Fin Bag Robin Hood Watersports
Mesh Bag Robin Hood Watersports
Goodmans umbilical torch handle keylimepie!
Pair or 5mm S gloves Divers Warehouse
Pair of 5mm XS Gloves Divers Warehouse
Pair of 5mm XL Gloves Divers Warehouse
Pair of 5mm M gloves Divers Warehouse
Neoprene Cylinder Cover Divers Warehouse
Inflator Hose Cover Narked at 90
Inflator Hose Cover Divers Warehouse
Inflator Hose Cover Divers Warehouse
YD Cap Diving Daisy
YD Slap Strap Diving Daisy
Otter Cap Divers Warehouse
Cressi Fins Dive Life
XTX200 Regs Dive Life
Dive Life T shirt Dive Life
Atomic Fins Dive Life
Posidon Ginormous Bag Dive Life

K XX

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Please note I will not be at work on Friday 7 July. I will not be on YD either. If you donate to the raffle fund after Thurdsday lunchtime I won't be around to allocate your tickets. From Thursday 6 July 12.00 noon onwards, please do not buy raffle tickets online. Please buy them on the day instead. It all goes to the Chris Hall fund anyway :teeth:

As you know Kath, I'm up for helping out :teeth:

Edit: Below are instructions for contributions to raffle tickets (repeated on post number 45)
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU COPY YOUR RECEIPT AS PER THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW AND EMAIL IT TO ME. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT PM ME I am not supposed to be on YD all day at work! I also will be keeping the emails as an audit trail.
Buoyant Babe said:
Hi All

As Kath's first post says, please forward me confirmation of your donation via my email on YD. To send a copy of the receipt confirming the amount of your donation, right click on the web page, click on 'select all', copy the page and paste it into a word document.

Tickets are £1 each. Once I receive your confirmation I will put your name and details on a spreadsheet against a ticket number/s, according to the amount of your donation, in the order that I receive the emails.

Please note that this is my work email address, so I won't have access to it over weekends. I've cleared it with work that I can receive the emails, but I will not be able to reply to every one. No rude messages either folks! :wink:

Cheers

Hxxx

Helen xxx

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
Talk about great timing, on the 7th im at a summer ball the other side of York, so thats only about 40miles away.
I wont be in a fit state to dive but am certainly up for helping out and putting faces to all these names :) ....date is pencilled in diary

·
Swims with More Seals
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First post updated

K XX

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
Bum!

I'm otherwise engaged that weekend ;), but if there are raffle tickets, I'll have a handfull. :D

·
16,469 Posts
Fiona said:
Kath is the bouncy castle for adults or kids :teeth:
What? Kath is the bouncy castle??? I knew her brains were big, but not that big...

There'll be a queue of blokes then :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I think i can make myself available for that

Unless some tw*t changes my shift rotation in the meantime!

Mention of a barbie and bouncy castle will ensure mrs sean and ickle seans attendance also. Ickle sean does love a barbie ;)

Bouncy castles rocks!!!

·
Swims with More Seals
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1* Kath
2* Helen (B-Babe)
3* Jo
4* Fiona
5* Sean x family

Please add names to the list so that I can keep track of attendance for planning purposes!!!!

Thanks

K XX

·
Swims with More Seals
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Fiona I may well do that. It seems to have happened very quick this so I just need a mo for the dust to setlle in my brain!!!! I have 12 hours train journey to and from Plymouth this weekend to sit and plan it all out!!! I will then start allocating tasks to willing volunteers!!!!!!

K XX

·
16,469 Posts
sean0801 said:
If you need me to dive, eat burgers and play on the bouncy castle i'm a willing volunteer:D
Don't worry, I'll look after Ickle Sean. I can teach him some more of my special words to add to his increased vocabulary after the St Abbs gig :angel:

·
I couldn't think of anything witty to put here
1,605 Posts
Treasure Hunt

OK here we go!

Hoppers treasure hunt for the MND fund

I have over the last 18months lost a couple of items of kit at 8 Acre Lake.

I have drawn a 'simple' map with appoximate last sightings of said kit.

If anyone finds the missing kit on this gig or any other I will pay a reward in the form of a donation to the MND fund - see map below.

Any questions, please post here or pm me.

Rondine fins were last time I saw them silver & yellow (Oh - and the fin was a left one!!!!!!!!!!)
Big Eyes is Yellow with yellow slap strap.

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
sorry darlin but trip to falmouth that weekend, family going too so even if weather poor, will be going to Eden.

let me know about raffle tickets if there be any. will talk at w/e

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Buoyant Babe said:
Don't worry, I'll look after Ickle Sean. I can teach him some more of my special words to add to his increased vocabulary after the St Abbs gig :angel:
I've told him not to speak to strangers or geordies, 'specially strange geordies:p

1 - 20 of 196 Posts