YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A Moderate from 04/01/07-24/12/12
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

There was an incident today which has been widely reported in the press.

There were about 8 or so different threads started on YD in various fora about the incident. I tried to merge them together into the Incident Report Forum (which was the correct place to report it) but in doing that, there were some technical problems which means that the messges got moved but the thread itself got left in its original forum.

Rather than leave that stub in the various fora, I deleted the stubs.

It seems that not everyone can see the merged thread here. This is correct for some users because the Incident forum is limited to long standing YDers by design.

I don't know why some long standing YDers cannot see the thread but until I can get to speak to Jay about it, I am at a loss.

I am sorry for any annoyance I have caused the thread starters ... I can assure you that all the posts are safely in that thread.

Regards
Mal

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Hi All

There was an incident today which has been widely reported in the press.

There were about 8 or so different threads started on YD in various fora about the incident. I tried to merge them together into the Incident Report Forum (which was the correct place to report it) but in doing that, there were some technical problems which means that the messges got moved but the thread itself got left in its original forum.

Rather than leave that stub in the various fora, I deleted the stubs.

It seems that not everyone can see the merged thread here. This is correct for some users because the Incident forum is limited to long standing YDers by design.

I don't know why some long standing YDers cannot see the thread but until I can get to speak to Jay about it, I am at a loss.

I am sorry for any annoyance I have caused the thread starters ... I can assure you that all the posts are safely in that thread.

Regards
Mal
Oh well, at least our toes are safe.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
What’s the thinking behind that then?
YD carries a link to the RSS site that tells you about it anyway?
Historically and before RSS feeds when an incident occurred YD had more hits and members joining, so it was decided to stop ''rubbernecking'' and possibly the bereaved stumbling on a discussion of their loved ones final moments to restrict the ability to view the incident forum to a member with a certain number of posts, 50 I believe.

HTH

Safe diving,
Steve

·
A Moderate from 04/01/07-24/12/12
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What’s the thinking behind that then?
YD carries a link to the RSS site that tells you about it anyway?
What Steve said and to prevent people joining the board just to comment on/research the incidents .... we had a spate of that going on where it was suspected journalists joined just to find out things to add to their stories. The board owners decided to hide that forum from people who had less than 50 posts.

HTH
Mal

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Thanks chaps I can see where you’re coming from.
Are there any other forums us newbies can’t see, I feel all excluded.:frown:
just that one mate, and 18 more posts and you get access.

Safe diving,
Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.