YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at what point can one consider oneself a jonah?

I've now had 3 of my last 4 dives binned, am i a jonah or just unlucky.

The only one i did get onto was after me saying yes at 11pm on a friday night in the pub so the weather gods were too drunk to notice me sneaking one in before they raged hell and damnation on the seas. Should i consider myself a momentary jonah, partial jonah or full jonah.

Is there somewhere around me a jonah bar filling up slowly, so i may be aware of the sea and the jonah effect.

and if you have an even number of jonahs booked on a boat does this cancel out the jonah effect or multiply it up to biblical proportions?

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts

The only one i did get onto was after me saying yes at 11pm on a friday night in the pub so the weather gods were too drunk to notice me sneaking one in before they raged hell and damnation on the seas. Should i consider myself a momentary jonah, partial jonah or full jonah.

Is there somewhere around me a jonah bar filling up slowly, so i may be aware of the sea and the jonah effect.

and if you have an even number of jonahs booked on a boat does this cancel out the jonah effect or multiply it up to biblical proportions?
What's a non blown out dive??

Matt

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts

Amateur.

Since last November, I've been booked on numerous dives and all but three have been blown out. Of the three that weren't blown out, two I've had to bail from for other reasons (e.g. childcare, daughter off nursery due to alleged upset tummy when she was actually completely OK). The reports from those dives included massive visibility, calm seas, lots of tat etc etc.

Am I bitter? Actually, yes. :(

G

·
we had dives blown out in Plymouth when all Matt had done was to PM me about a trip in another location, thats how bad he is ;)

Tom is worse, rumour has it, he has had trips blown out at Stoney :D

·
9,135 Posts
we had dives blown out in Plymouth when all Matt had done was to PM me about a trip in another location, thats how bad he is ;)

Tom is worse, rumour has it, he has had trips blown out at Stoney :D
He blew our Sunday dive out, from Eastbourne, he was in Newcastle.

Seriously, we had bad weather at the NDC, there was an F3 across the surface and a strong current under it.

Matt

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
He blew our Sunday dive out, from Eastbourne, he was in Newcastle.

Ohh please...

I have now figured out the "bin" part of Mattbin... (OK so I'm a bit slow)

Poor old Mike all that diesel and chicken pies and nothing to show for it. And the RB guy puked on his new boat.

Last time I dive with you.

Ohh.. hang on, we didn't :D

Chris

·
9,135 Posts
Ohh please...

I have now figured out the "bin" part of Mattbin... (OK so I'm a bit slow)

Poor old Mike all that diesel and chicken pies and nothing to show for it. And the RB guy puked on his new boat.

Last time I dive with you.

Ohh.. hang on, we didn't :D

Chris
So how many times exactly have you dived the Alaunia Chris, your only saving grace was your buddy. :)

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts