YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Been there twice, different Atolls in the north 4 me the best diving you can get. However its now back to UK diving while I save to go off again.

Dive safely

Brian

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Am booked to go there myself in October for 2 weeks location- sun island resort, nalaguraidhoo island in the south ari atoll, maldives.

I hope to do lots of diving and not much else. maybe the 19hole as well.

gareth

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Reeve,
Enjoy, chillout and have a wonderful time, I'm going Green already. Enjoy.

Sace Diving

Brian

·
Registered
24 Posts
Imported post

I went to Kuredu in Maldives last year, diving was excellent although I felt a little out of place because it was mostly couples on a romantic holiday. Still the diving made up for it

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Did you guys book the 10 /12 day package of go for the unlimited dive deal. The resort does an unlimited 10day dive deal for $900 USD. Was considering this but most of the group seem to want a 20 dive package, due to family. The unlimited is based on shore dives.

ta g.  

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

I Chose the Daily Package, depending on the island shore diving would only be Snorkelling but with a cylinder.

Enjoy it!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Imported post

Why choose the dive package now?

I went to the Maldives once in 2002 (Kurumba) and once last year (Fih.. nah cant remember how to spell it).  In both cases the dive schools were more than happy to just let you dive, then see what package would be cheapest at the end and charge you for that.  That way you pay direct, cut out the middle man, and take advantage of the weak dollar (assuming you are thinking about paying in advance in Sterling, and that the dollar stays weak).

As for the diving, have a ball...  Did loads on the first trip and that is what got me hooked.  The snorkelling on the second was just so damn good I didnt do many dives.  Mantas 30m off the beach every day at 4.  Cant be bad.

Enjoy it whatever

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts