YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

So what's the most annoying thing about work/your job for you? (multiple votes OK)

• The job itself - it sucks donkeys! ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My mood-swing boss ?

• Copier/staples that's run out of paper and not been refilled ?

• PC on the Fritz and poor or no IT service ?

• Coffee machine run out of 'my' drink ?

• Office Temp's - they don't know their arse from their elbow ?

• Complete lack of any smoking facilities - as dictated by the 'Health Nazis' ?

• Other major bugbear - please state what ?

• All of the above ?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Liberal Lefty
1,694 Posts
Imported post

Having to drive 250 miles on a monday morning, staying all week in a hotel that was last decorated in 1967 and fighting my way back home for 250 miles on the motorway on a Friday.  Oh, and travel time isn't included so I have to make up the time during the week if I'm in late on monday or leave late on Friday

My work life for the last 3 and a half years !

·
Nefarious Activist
2,298 Posts
Imported post

Having to work with people who've been somewhat imaginative in preparing their CV's and are then incapable of performing their duties. After 8 years of contracting I have seen a lot of these people.

Ian

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>For where I'm working at the mo, got to be the actual work getting in the way of my time posting on here, gossiping and trying to think up the most ridiculous calls we've had, the kid who swollowed the fridge magnet and our betting on what letter is was sprung to mind

·
Registered
256 Posts
Imported post

Working for a company whose managers think it`s still 1952, and can`t work out why they have to implement current employment legislation etc etc, and also working with a bunch of w****** does not help much either  

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Imported post

the most annoying thing about work!!! i dont think theres enough room on this page to explain  
the worst has got to be monday mornings without dought everthing else i can handle but not monday mornings

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
Imported post

Most annoying thing about work is listening to customers going into far too much detail about personal aillments!....No I'm not a doctor, I run a superdrug!!! why do people always assume because you work somewhere you know about every single thing associated with that job?
?  I mean do I lokk like an expert in hair colourants( I have a skin head fgs!)???

·
Registered
483 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Targets!!! I hate bloody targets!! Also hate the stats they are suppose to produce!! Means I have to actually proove how much work I do in a day so gets in the way of posting on here!
Add to that having to talk to pensioners over the phone!! I think the only time they talk to someone is when they ring us, so they like to tell me everything done during the past month (or should that be lifetime?), what they've got wrong with them (often in graphic detail) & what the pet budgie did for its birthday!! ARRRGGGHHH!

Jen

·
Registered
755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Got to be the intranet program on the computer. I'll prepare a document, save it, go back to it 5 minutes later to add to it, only to be told the file is locked, can't be altered, and would I like to notify the author of the document.:angry:

Thats when I go get a cup of crappy coffee from the crappy office machine.

Fortunately I'm only in the office for half a day a week, just long enough to get a cold from the crappy air conditioning machine.

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Hmmm, let me see. Currently the worst thing about work is that WE HAVE NO WORK
This means that I'm constantly trying to fend off being sent to Germany for 17 weeks (no diving) or better yet Czeckoslovakia (still no diving)...

Added: I forgot to mention that I don't speak German or Czeck for that matter  
WHY?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Is there anybody, ANYBODY at all out there who actually likes what they do?  There has to be at least one person, doesn't there?

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Yep, ME. When I have a design project to sink my teeth into I'm the happiest little automotive designer in the world

·
"That's NOT my avatar! It's film of me AFTER I was
528 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#008080'>I voted other:

Working with someone who doesn't want anyone else to work or learn the latest technology so keeping his sence of importance and power, I just with management opened their eyes and did something about it  

Oh and people with BO. Last two companies I worked for had a BO person there, I was beginning to think there was a secret equal opertunities law that said every company had to employ some real foul smelling once a year bathing shampoo avoiding soap alergic washing machine phobic sweat from the but crack of a 16st marathon runner person.

As a diver I realy hate patient zero's, those poeple that are always 2 seconds from puking up an entire lung and are always sneezing, and why are the buggers always sat near me!

Ok, rant over.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts