YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Guys

This weekend the Strathclyde was rather busy and we had a mini YD gig. On Sat morning we went out and had a good rumage returning with several bits of crockery. The vis was typical Dover, being pitch black below about 20m but 3-4m vis in a torch beam. The wreck is 10m Proud in 30m and full of crockery.

My newly qual sport diver buddy did quite well and i had a fairly good dive. In the afternoon Dover Divers visited her.

Sun morning she was a bit crowded as we had Canterbury Divers, Dover Divers and the Rolls Royce club all on her. Vis was the same but i did not make the right holds this time. We had a mini YD gig as Andy Nye followed me down our shot.

My buddy a rather nice blond got cramp at 6m on the way up, which was a bit of a problem as we had racked up 12min of Deco, the temptation to massage her leg better was quite hard to resist. Overall a good weekends diving with 2 of my newly qualified Sport Divers getting a lot of experience.

Dive Safe and Progress

Paul

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Guys & Gals.......

In the afternoon Dover Divers visited her.
*** I must have been pi**ed, i know i was cox'ing, but can't remember seeing you there........******

Sun morning she was a bit crowded as we had Canterbury Divers, Dover Divers and the Rolls Royce club all on her. Vis was the same but i did not make the right holds this time.

We had a mini YD gig as Andy Nye followed me down our shot.

*** ERMMMM I wasn't narked , but i'm dammmm sure that i was on the bottom first out of all the divers, i can remember coming back to the shot line and watching you send the anchor back up,  

Bye the way, there were

9 Dover divers
9 Rolls royce divers
6 Canterbury divers

So, was great fun and not a bad word said,,,,,,

I would like also to say THANKS to the Coxswain on ANIMAL ( Canterburys RIB ) for asking if some of our divers wanted a tow back to our boat, a very kind and helpful chap.

Andy

See ya at the weekend Paul, maybe ,, as i'm on leave and like this recreational diving

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

Andy

Ahh i thought you were the two that came down behind me, as i was a bit concerned i may have clipped them with the surfacing shot, not being awaire they were behind me at the time. Our surface cover told me 2 had gone down it not long after me, and befor my bag got back up.

You were not pissed but your DO told me you did the Strath in the afternoon, 'cos he mentioned the line Animal left on it.

Anyway it was a good dive and we all had fun despite the crowding. Next Sat i am out on Offshore Rebel doing a Seasearch thingy. Sun club ribs somewhere.

Regards

Paul

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>OK dived it (many thanks to Andy the Commie) and as per usual I look in the Dive Kent book and can find not a jot of info so can you tell me anything. like how old / when she sank, from where to where all the usual sad info us dive groupies like..

Mark Chase

·
15,343 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Thjats a fantastic web site with all and more infor than I required thanks a lot for that

Mark Chase

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

Mark

Had a couple of Pilot Divers out with us this weekend in your Northern contingent Mark and Mandy. Nice couple, even had a laugh at my new personal record of an hour to get a shot on the wreck.

But i got it on the conning tower in the end, even if it was via the other Rib (Animal).

Regards

Paul

·
15,343 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Ahhhhh that will be Mork and Mindy  

Nice couple

I am an ex Pilot diver now folowing a hart felt discussion with Sludge one of the main players in the club

My fault, I have the social skills of Hitler at a Barmitsva and a gob to match

Ho Hum

M & M are two of the good guy's at the club I hope to dive with them again.

So whens the next Loanda trip then??

Mark Chase

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Mark,

Give me some dates when ya available , and i'll tie you in for a LOANDA trip,,,,,

Andy

·
15,343 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Thanks M8

July is stuffed full and I am way at the end but early Aug is good especialy mid week

Mark Chase

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Imported post

Mark

Our mid weekers are usually off Herne Bay. I have a week of Dover diving planned for the 23-31 Aug, my 10 Wreck challenge. May do it on one of them, i have yet to put a detailed plan together, but it will be 10 different wrecks, ideally all ones i have not done before.

Regards

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts