YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>And you would need several Arnie sized blokes to hold and point it as well, unless you're planning on going into orbit!  I've been up close to a cylinder that let go and I almost achieved escape velocity under my own steam; VERY unsettling!  Amused my colleagues though, sympathetic lot that they were....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Greetings,

I used to do that trick for PADI Advanced students when down at 30 m to demonstrate the effects of pressure.  Fill a 2ltr coke bottle at surface tie it off to my BCD and off ya go.  By the time you get to 30m it is as flat as a pancake.  Then fill her up with 4ats of air.  If you can remember to keep hold of it then by the time you surface it is as hard as rock!  Good game.  In the few times I did loose it I never saw if it burst out of the water like a polaris, but I am sure it would.  Quite often it would let go with an almighty bang and scare the bejesus out of all concerned.  Fresh eggs are good at that depth as well, if you crack them carefully and pull the shell apart the pressure maintains the shape of the innards in a perfect circle and the fish like it too!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.