YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Kai ora all,
           Well the weather has finally turned up trumps..And im off in 8 hrs..A 2am start to get to Kiakora by 5am, have brecky and then we are going for it...
The 100ft club will have 3 members by Sat afternoon..
Yes we are doing a 3 way dive ( Just playing it safe..
I hear narcosis can be a bitch ) Planned to go to 120 feet and see the size of the crayfish down there..
We have a 3 day weekend ( Public Holiday) and according to the latest satelite forcast. The weather coulnt be better..
We plan on 3 dives per day for 3 days...Im so excited..All packed and Waiting...Waiting...Waiting..
I have a heap of film and a cheap disposible underwater Camera to have a play with so hopefully I will have an interesting Dive brief for everyone ( As long as spelling isnt high on the list ) hmm maybe the moderaters could install spell check..
So safe diving all that are this weekend..
And catch ya soon
Steve

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Tell us all about it when you get back - we want all the details!  Dive safely.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Yeah, but you're 'Gunna' have to go metric dude, all this talk of 'feet' is just too confusing for us Europeans ;)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Well its 11.30pm and im still waiting..Excitement has worn off and im going for a kip for an hour...
And as for metric. I thought the EC was still in imperial
or it seems all the Europeon cars I have to work on are.
So when I come back my nice comp will have done a conversion for me and Ill post in Metric...loll
But dont forget 5 inches sounds better than 125mm..
Steve

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I had an Amaerican pal who had great trouble with the whole Bar/PSI difference when using hired club kit, he used to have momentary "heart attacks" looking at a contents guage which said 50 bar! Bit silly seing as the danger area is always in red no matter what the units
Safe Bubbling
Steve  

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

1 bar EQUALS 14.5038 psi

So for 50bar (drum roll please) you get 725psi (usually called at 800psi)

A full 232bar is 3365psi - hence the reason my American (Oceanic) yoke has 3300psi stamped on it in BIG numbers...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts