YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I am trying to work out the weight of my MDE valves and isolation manifold, without dismantling the twinset (12.2l fabers) and SS bands. Has anybody measured theirs or can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Frogkick

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Will bring mine into work tomorrow for you and weigh it - my twinset is still to be rebuilt. Want the weight of OMS bands too?

PS Mine's a 300bar jobbie.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

excellent stuff, that would be really helpful. Do you reckon there's a lot of difference between a 300bar iso manifold and a 230 bar like mine? I would have thought no difference other than an extra couple of threads on the valves to take the full 7 threads on the 1st stages.  I have heavy duty Agir SS bands on the cylinders. Not sure how they compare with OMS.

Cheers,
Frogkick

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I'll bring in a tape measure as well then! Test will be the circumferance of the mannie.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

checked with the SS bands manufacturer: bands, nuts and bolts weigh 1.98 (2Kg). I'm gradually chipping away at this! All will be revealed tomorrow thanks to your good self!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Just out of interest - why do you need to know? Working out shipping costs or something?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

nope, I am trying to put together a complete weight budget for my gear in different configurations + different undersuits etc. My assembled twinset  2*12.2 fabers + bands + valves/manifold seemed a bit heavy at 31.6Kg empty. It turns out the bands/bolts are 2Kg, so we're down to 29.6 and the fabers are allegedly 13-13.5Kg each, implying the valves/manifold is 2.6-3.6Kg which sounds a bit heavy. The other way I can work this out is by checking the faber serial numbers this evening and then checking the faber catalogue.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Sorry for the time to reply. I've been moving house and only just found my manifold after 2 days of searching!

It weighs..... Dum da de dum da dah - 1.11Kg

Thanks to Frog for the scales (novel use of a wedding pressie from a diver eh?)

Circumferance of the bar is circa 9cm and it's adjustable from 220-227mm.

Now if you'll excuse me, the wife and pals have arrived, I'm off to see in the New year with a beer!

Best of the season to you all  

1 - 8 of 8 Posts