YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>hi guys and gals

after the millionth arguement this week with the girlfriend about the NEED for me to dive every week i have decided something must be done for all divers!

so, here is divers dating agency!  

chris
male, 18, developing gills, seeks attractive understanding young lady, must agree with desire to dive and buy more kit than really needed... any takers, pm

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

No this is not a reply as such, (I'm a bloke unless you haven't noticed). Why don't you get your existing girlfreind into diving too. Then you've got an excuse to dive every weekend (with her, 'I just want to be/dive with you this weekend honey'?), buy a whole new set of kit, this time the gear you would have bought first time round but didn't know about, using the excuse 'I love you so much I'm 'lending' you my kit and buying a WHOLE NEW SET

This way you get to dive every weekend (with her so she thinks your not going off to be without her) buy NEW KIT/GADGETS... etc.. and keep the existing relationship. (remember new realtionships have to be cultivated, which means non-diving time setting the relationship up enough so you can leave her at home without her thinking 'blxxdy going off again leaving me at home, ignoring me to be off with his mates'.

Dave (don't tell the missuss) C  

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

fraid this is not a reply as such either, but i'd just like to agree with dave on the advantages of a diving relationship!

as part of one such myself, i must say it's great to

a) not have to choose between diving and spending time with boyfriend, and
b) be able to spend 'quality time' together dismantling regulators!

so get your girlfriend into diving!

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dcrampt @ Nov. 25 2003,09:14)]Dave (don't tell the missuss) C  
<font color='#000080'>Just a word of warning, mate. When I e-mailed Josie about the Anglesey trip she replied saying that she was signing up to YD!

She might already know. Hope you have a good evening!  

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>See Chris this just aint on, we want the YD dating agency and all we get is smug couples replying

(mary, 26, apparently a badger - according to nitrox, and medical student)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Well didn't I see a thread on here about the disadvantages of having a partner etc etc thats also into diving

Quote from my Ex Wife during a dive weekend to Skye
" What have you brought me to such a desolate Place for"?
Says it all really

Oh yes the diving was superb

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>12 hours later and still no messages...

she will not dive, ever, thanks for the great idea dcrampt, it just will never work

i cant afford her kit anyways, i need too much myself, thats part ofthe problem, i need someone who understands these things, if i say 'i need a another reg set' she says 'why do you need 2, or 3 or 4??' see, she just doesnt get it!

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Marry her.

Within a very short period she'll be pleased to have you out of the house as often as possible.

Andy

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>the thing is i only get to see her at weekends cos were at uni, so its definatley diving or her, or diving and a female buddy/gf

ive got more chance of finding a dive partner by swapping her, was thinking...

go to egypt, sell her for a camel, head off to dahab, become a beduin and dive the blue hole everyday, cant think of a better plan

chris

·
Living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget!
1,430 Posts
Imported post

Hmmmm.   Male, 18, into diving.   Very tempting.

Unfortunately I don't fit the 'young' bit

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cthomas @ Nov. 25 2003,12:36)]go to egypt, sell her for a camel, head off to dahab, become a beduin and dive the blue hole everyday, cant think of a better plan

chris
"A" camel, as in only the one
Wazzup? she not a looker?
Get her to dye her hair blonde and you're looking at at least 50 camels minimum  

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>shes probably worth a few camels, but i only need one, unless your suggesting i should take a few YD'ers off on a camel trip to dahab?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

"Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson...
"  
That's the spirit cthomas, boys your age are better off with a more mature woman

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cthomas @ Nov. 25 2003,12:43)]shes probably worth a few camels, but i only need one, unless your suggesting i should take a few YD'ers off on a camel trip to dahab?
Well Gav and I did a little research on the camel exchange rate for some of the female divers on the recent RS gig, very tempting indeed... I'll PM you the details of a good dealer

·
Registered
283 Posts
Imported post

Forget the camel, I have been trying to swap the wife for an inspiration on the rereather forum for the last week.  No takers as yet  

I did try ebay, but apparently they have a strict policy on human traffic

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>this thread didnt quite work as i wanted, nearly half the regular lads have contributed, but the girls dont seem to be interested...
maybe if i posted my picture... only thing is, i look like this

chris

1 - 20 of 31 Posts