YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for good value for money thermal rash vests and shorts kind of like the fourth element thermocline but not as expensive?

What do you use as a base layer when wetsuit diving?

Anybody know a good reseller for the thermoclines, shorts and T shirt?

Davie.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Must agree with Pee Bee there, you always get what you pay for. I have a thermocline T-shirt and can't fault it
If you go the way of a cheap undervest you might as well throw on a normal T-shirt.
What sort of environment are you looking to use this in/under what thickness suit?
As for a re-seller, they all are around the same price across the board really

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
I have to say I was impressed with my Thermocline shorts and vest under my 3mm steamer in Tenerife last October. I was as warm, if not warmer, than others in a 5mm. Spacehopper was a bit traumatised by the sight of me in rubber shorts though :embarassed:

I've since bought a super stretchy Scubapro Everflex 5mm suit that I hope to try out soon :), but I'll take the Thermocline stuff too just in case as it packs to nothing.

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
For me the thing about my thermocline stuff is it's versatility, I have used it under my 5mm wettie, my 7mm semi, and on it's own in different circs, it dries in half the time neoprene does, it's warm even when wet during an SI as it's also windproof, it's neutrally buoyant and it wears extremely well.

I call that good value.

Pete

·
Spider Crabs can just f*ck off
16,005 Posts
I have to say I was impressed with my Thermocline shorts and vest under my 3mm steamer in Tenerife last October. I was as warm, if not warmer, than others in a 5mm. Spacehopper was a bit traumatised by the sight of me in rubber shorts though :embarassed:
Yes, you cut quite a dash around the swimming pool of the Orlando, as I recall :)

·
I came, I saw, I dived
552 Posts
Im looking for good value for money thermal rash vests and shorts kind of like the fourth element thermocline but not as expensive?
I hve the Gul long Sleved Thermal Rash vest and the Nookie one which is neoprene, I much prefer the Gul one as the neoprene is a bugger to get on and off.

Wetsuit outlet are about the cheapest I could find

1 - 10 of 10 Posts