YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologise up front for this but I am f*cking angry.

I'd just like to say thank you to the theiving scumbag lowlife bastard son of drug fuelled whore that put my drivers window in tonight and helped himself to my Sat Nav.

Whats more it was parked outside the warehouse, CCTV running. Is there anything useable on the tape ? Is there feck.

What is it with these tw*ts, it's ok in thier book to cause damage and help themsleves to someone elses property. BASTARDS.

Althought the loss of the sat nav is a pain, the real thing is the hassle I know I now have coming tomorrow to get the claim in and the window done. Etc etc.

Sorry for the profanity, but if you hadn't guessed I'm a little miffed.

Credit to the Brum Police as well, who actually came out to do the statement thing and took away the tape to look at. I honestly didn;t expect them to bother over something that in the grand scheme of things must be a bit down their list. Kudos.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest, I appreciate it.

Cheers

·
Dont ask me.................I know nothing !!!
81 Posts
dont blame you for being pi**ed off:angry:
lets hope they meet a sticky end !!!!:thumbs_up:
good luck with getting it sorted

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Twats.

Sorry about the loss, and lets be honest, us males are fooked without the old sat nav (unless we have a female in the passenger seat who can be relied upon to ask for directions on our behalf)

Next step? Fit paintball guns to track your CCTV, draw a target on your CCTV errr TV, grab a joystick and let the games begin.

Although unlikely, hope you get a positive outcome with this.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Understand how you must feel Phill:angry:

Don't suppose they fingerprinted?

Gav

Nah, the only thing to print is on the floor in 5000 bits, the window.

I hope the f*cker gets run over tonight and spends the rest of his life in a chair with wheels and his knob drops off.

Thx for the support.

·
iron chief
1,470 Posts
Not in View

I'd just like to say thank you to the theiving scumbag lowlife bastard son of drug fuelled whore that put my drivers window in tonight and helped himself to my Sat Nav.

Whats more it was parked outside the warehouse, CCTV running. Is there anything useable on the tape ? Is there feck.

What is it with these tw*ts, it's ok in thier book to cause damage and help themsleves to someone elses property. BASTARDS.

Althought the loss of the sat nav is a pain, the real thing is the hassle I know I now have coming tomorrow to get the claim in and the window done. Etc etc.

Credit to the Brum Police as well, who actually came out to do the statement thing and took away the tape to look at. I honestly didn;t expect them to bother over something that in the grand scheme of things must be a bit down their list. Kudos.

Cheers

It hurts mate does'nt it. Mine went in broad day light in a tesco car park in essex.. I take it every where now. Its a pain and I would like to leave it. However You just can't leave it on View. Dude

sorry to here

Rob

·
diving member
1,996 Posts

Cheers
you have my sympathy I too had the same thing happen in January, car less than 3 weeks old, cctv where it was parked checked but nothing on it.

The police said the thieves walk along looking for the ring on the windscreen or if its blue tooth enabled use a phone to find them!!

Apparently its the highest form of car crime at the moment!!!!

I'm still finding glass in the car now, it really pi$$es me off!!!!! I cut my hand open on it a couple of weeks ago!
The car door had to be resprayed !

what would they get for the sat nav £40 maybe.
your right they should be hung out to dry etc

yes I'm still mad about it.
cheers Steven

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yep, I had mine nicked (and window broken) whilst it was parked outside a sports centre.
Bloody annoying - especially as I'd stopped using the SatNav because it wasn't working very well! If they'd come and asked me for it, I'd have given it to them :)

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
Quick Phil

blame him for stealing all those cylinders that are late :D

Graham

sorry mate cant resist any more :)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
you have my sympathy I too had the same thing happen in January, car less than 3 weeks old, cctv where it was parked checked but nothing on it.

The police said the thieves walk along looking for the ring on the windscreen or if its blue tooth enabled use a phone to find them!!

Apparently its the highest form of car crime at the moment!!!!

I'm still finding glass in the car now, it really pi$$es me off!!!!! I cut my hand open on it a couple of weeks ago!
The car door had to be resprayed !

what would they get for the sat nav £40 maybe.
your right they should be hung out to dry etc

yes I'm still mad about it.
cheers Steven
Yep, it's really prevalent at the moment. £40 is a days heroin for most smackheads.....

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Couple of hours earlier and they could have had two, mine was in the car as well.

Sorry mate, next time I see you remind me to tell you the story of the golf club, the pair of trainers and an embarassing moment.

Andrew

·
Flaccid Member
5,410 Posts
The thing is...

Would you sellotape £200 worth of cash in £20 notes to the dash of your car and expect it to still be there after you're walked away? :rolleyes:

Phil,
I'm surprised the police don't do you for "provoking them"! :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
fingerprinting costs extra Car theft victims pay police £105 to investigate-News-UK-Crime-TimesOnline

dont you just love this government
My understanding is that if the Police seize the vehicle for evidence, they pay for storage upto the point it is released by the officer investigating the case...after that the owner or more likely their insurance pay it (whether thats moral is a different arguement).......I know they have just renegotiated contracts in this part of the world so it might have changed, but based on the phone calls i get asking me to release vehicles to keep our storage bill down im not sure it has. Great headline though !!!!

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
It's bands mate bands ;) If you're refering to what I think ?

Trust you to offer your (ar55)wholehearted support :D

It could be worse, I could be Orange lol, at least Sparky gave me a larf.

Glad to help:embarassed: bastard:teeth:

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Crime Prevention Advice For Satnav Owners

Satnavs are the item of the moment and top of the scrotes order list. They are easily portable, a bit of a status gadget and so can be sold to lowlife in the pub very easily. Furthermore we tend to make it all too easy for them.

Remember, it's a matter of moments to smash a window and grab the system from your dashboard. All it takes is a little bottle, and not much of that as it seems these days most people will stand around watching crime being committed without doing anything. The best way (indeed only way) to keep your satnav from being pinched is to not let them know it is there.

When you park the car, take the satnav out. Ideally take it with you but if that is not possible lock it in the boot or glove box. But don't stop there - leave the cradle stuck to your windscreen and you might as well put a sign in the window saying "Satnav in glovebox - please help yourself". Take the cradle out and lock that away too. And then, to be extra careful, use a wet-wipe to clean off that circular mark from your windscreen.

It might sound like a lot of hassle but trust me, every piece of shit out there is constantly on the look-out for these things at the moment. They are currently the most frequently stolen item by far. To cut down on the hassle just think about how many journeys you do where you actually need it. I'm always seeing people doing what is obviously their daily trip to work with a satnav running and have to wonder why. Keep it locked away and only take it out when you actually need it. That will cut down on the times you inadvertantly leave it on show - and if you do that be certain it isn't a matter of if it will be stolen but rather when.

Of course we should be able to use the things we work hard for without this kind of grief - but this is the reality. Our long stay carparks are getting hammered at the moment and we are running a 24 hour surveillance operation. We have convicted 4 people this month so far and they still keep coming. Unfortunately there is an almost endless supply of scum out there.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sound advice Mark,

I realise it's in a large part my own silly fault for leaving it on view. Something I don't do normally.

I genuinely thought that with the security and CCTV on here that it wouldn't happen, but I guess it will have taken all of 5 seconds to do, if that.

Yet another sign of the times I guess.

Keep up the good work on our behalf mate, we do appreciate it.

Cheers

·
Wreck Enthusiast
4,161 Posts
leave the cradle stuck to your windscreen and you might as well put a sign in the window saying "Satnav in glovebox - please help yourself". Take the cradle out and lock that away too. And then, to be extra careful, use a wet-wipe to clean off that circular mark from your windscreen.
Second that - I had one nicked from my car after we'd carefully hidden the unit and left the cradle on the windscreen :(

They left the boot full of dive kit tho, thank goodness!

·
Registered
578 Posts
My understanding is that if the Police seize the vehicle for evidence, they pay for storage upto the point it is released by the officer investigating the case...after that the owner or more likely their insurance pay it (whether thats moral is a different arguement).......I know they have just renegotiated contracts in this part of the world so it might have changed, but based on the phone calls i get asking me to release vehicles to keep our storage bill down im not sure it has. Great headline though !!!!
a chap who helps me had his old fiesta nicked, police found it within 3 hours, recovery firm recovered it to yard, yard stored it for 8 weeks at a cost approaching the value of the car, the police notified the chap it had been found after he had recieved the payout for a total loss from the insurance, then the recovery firm puts in a bill for recovery and storage of an amount almost equalling the cars value to the insurance company, thus doubling the payout for what was effectively a heap of shit.

i would like to know why the owner was not notified that it had been found,

1, because i would have recovered it from them and repaired it for him and

2,why should we all pay for the recovery firms to store cars when the police could notify the owner and save us all some money? we all pay through our insurance in the end.

this stinks, a cynical person might imply that the police were gaining financially from not notifying people that thier vehicle had been recovered,

cynical me?

never!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts