·
Sponsored by The Betty Ford Clinic and Prozac
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trust me it's worth it - makes the WKPP look like the under 5's garden rambling association...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Wow, watched upto 44 mins so far, amazing!!

Thanks for sharing :teeth:

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Watched it on the flight back from Toulouse this evening. Very nonchalant about being nearly 1500m below the surface where it potentially takes you 4 days of solid caving to get back to the surface.

6000psi carbon fibre cylinders...Nothing like having a working pressure of 400bar :)

MAD!!

·
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
6000psi carbon fibre cylinders...Nothing like having a working pressure of 400bar :)
I hadn't done the maths..... Feck!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Wow! Can anyone be arsed to do the litre calculation?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yes i had 4L in my head.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
"One guy took off his re-breather and his side slungs at 1100M, breathing off one of his singles and then got his hammer and chissel out"

Absolutely nuts!!
True, but when they say 1100M they mean from the top of the mountain which is 2200M high and they were only in depths of 30m or so.

However, I know what you mean about being nuts. God knows how they are working the deco out for the longer rebreather dives!

Did they mention the size? I have 4L in my head...
Yes, they were 4L cylinders which gives 16000L of gas.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Wow!
compared to a 10L twin!
2x10L x 232bar = 4640 L of gas

The equivilent of nearly nearly 7 232 bar 10L tanks!!!
Wow!

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
It's 00:35 and I've just finished watching it ....... most enjoyable and I wish I could have been involved with something like that - too old and nervous now! :(

I wonder who gets to carry the brown smelly waste out? What happens if someone gets diarrrheeeo ........... diore ............. the trots?

I would really have enjoyed it much more if the film quality had been better ............

·
GUE Tech Instructor
614 Posts
True, but when they say 1100M they mean from the top of the mountain which is 2200M high and they were only in depths of 30m or so.

However, I know what you mean about being nuts. God knows how they are working the deco out for the longer rebreather dives!

GLOC - I am know you're DIR and this is a RB calculation but the math is still the same :) 4 x 400b = 1600L (of course assuming ideal gas calculations)

Graham

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
GLOC - I am know you're DIR and this is a RB calculation but the math is still the same :) 4 x 400b = 1600L (of course assuming ideal gas calculations)

Graham
Bollox, my maths strikes again, it was late, I had been having a 'fun' week with Airbus, and I don't have another excuse.

Git :)

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
4L at 400bar is 1289L of air.
Say a 7L at 180bar.

You are way outside the 'ideal gas laws' territory by then. (plus you slipped a zero)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts