YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been diving for 8 years or so, with a few years break and over the last 12 - 18 months have really got back into the swing of things. I 'accidentally' completed an IANTD Cavern course in Mexico last November and was so impressed by the training and education I received that I am now looking forward to doing a IANTD intro to Tech course later this summer in the UK. If anyone is looking for an excellent Cavern, intro to Cave or full cave instructor near the Playa Del Carmen area, find Alain Pocobelli (IANTD Instructor) he is unforgiving but absolutely excellent :) I learned more and developed more in 4 days hard training with Alain than the last 8 years doing various PADI based training and specialities. Don't get me wrong, I love the PADI scene but have now got a taste of something different which I hope will stretch me and ultimately make me a better and safer diver. My enjoyment and comfort levels should also increase.
I am a PADI MSD and have two choices, continue the PADI route..DM etc or develop my skills and awareness through more challenging and rewarding routes such as IANTD or similar training. For the time being I am going to see how I get on with IANTD and maybe consider my DM next year. I need to get a dry suit at some point as I live in London UK!

·
All we wanted was a home... Manics
4,553 Posts
hello and welcome. Is it wet in London :) (sorry - the wording) Enjoy YD.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lets say it was a lot wetter and colder in Weymouth 2 weekends ago, in a wet suit! 12 degrees. I was OK for the first dive and managed 47 minutes but by the second day and fourth dive I was in pieces by 20 minutes and had to call it a day.

·
I love Justin Bieber
772 Posts
lets say it was a lot wetter and colder in Weymouth 2 weekends ago, in a wet suit! 12 degrees. I was OK for the first dive and managed 47 minutes but by the second day and fourth dive I was in pieces by 20 minutes and had to call it a day.
HTFU!! Only joking :wink:, Welcome to YD.....:D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What does HTFU mean? I am conjuring up all sorts of dodgy meanings :)
I am as we speak saving like a man possessed, only problem is, if I buy one I have to get my lady one too, so if we go for 2 new Othree suits, its a fair few quid overall.. We are both doing the IANTD Intro to Tech course in July at Vobster so hopefully after she gets tired of feeling like a piece of frozen meat, she may let me splash out (excuse the pun)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts