YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

John H and myself are off to get wet on sunday. Thinking lakes or Caps.

Anyone else up for getting wet let us know. If anyone has a more interesting dive plan give us a shout.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

I might come down - I fear tho' my wife has other plans for me. Visiting friends with a baby !!!!

Cue:

"Oh hasn't he grown", "He's very quiet considering"

Whilst Gavin looks out of the windae. Bah Humbug.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Go for it Gav,

Just sorted out my SDI training with Andy H. Doing my deep dive course on 23/24th of Dec. 45m on xmas eve!!!! Should be ready for sharm!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Gav, can I possibly scab a lift then? Not sure if I could get away with it, will need to get the permission

Tsk tsk....

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Drift - you're more then welcome but as I said I think I''' be baby watching.

Horrible snot gobbling things.

Apart from my neice and nephew that is.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Broody wife, baby visiting.

Be scared Gav!!!!!

Anyway if you both are going to come give us a shout. Theres always a place down here to crash if needed.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Poor Gav

G'awn Fi, let the poor man out to play... Could be my last chance to get wet this year....

Gav, give me a bell on the mowbli when you know as I'll prolly not be on again a'fore Monday. Cheers bud.

(Edited by Driftwood at 5:21 pm on Dec. 5, 2002)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Imported post

Any chance of tagging along? usually dive buddies have abandoned the saturday diving so it could be a sunday jaunt, anywhere lakes and cap OK, (PS cake provided!)

Ali

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

:wavey:

Hi Alistair Drift and Gav !!
You're all welcome to join us on Sunday if you like - its looking like either Capernwray or Coniston - I'll go with the majority!!
Let us know on the boards tomorrow or mail us to confirm
Cheers
John

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Probably best at caps. Andy H is at Wast Water so getting fills at conniston is a ball ache unless you have a load of tanks.

Allister your more than welcome along. Even if their is three of us its not a problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Imported post

Sorted - let me know what time (07786 661859)
see you sunday chaps

Ali

·
Registered
41 Posts
Imported post

not knowing what the #### any of you look like...give us a clue....

Ali

(Edited by Alistair at 11:42 am on Dec. 6, 2002)

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

Alister.

Will call you on sat to confirm final details. I think the plan is to meet at caps on sunday about 9am. Descent diving day three or four dives, preferably late one in the dark if poss. Rough plan to do a load of skill drills whilst diving about. Dsmb deployments, deco stop practice, out of air drills, horizontal ascent practice, and anuthing else we can think off. Makes the day a bit more interesting as know caps better than my bath now!!

My mobiles 07968 327 355.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

You guys be safe now and remember, what ever you're planning on doing under water you discuss in detail (with hand signals) amongst each other whilst on the surface and as you're just about ready to get kitted up!! Stand in a circle facing each other and listen-in, and the more senior divers amongst you (i.e. a mixture of the most dives in the most conditions and the highest qualified) lead the pack in discussing the dive and displying the hand signals, e.g. agree who's gonna (which pair of you) set the line off the reel if you intend to do 'swimming with out mask and following a reel line by feel' procedures. Do NOT leave it to get organised underwater. Folk will get confused and hence task-loaded if they're watching you give frantic hand-signals underwater and not having a Scooby what you're on about.

Dive safe all and see ya soon.

·
PSAI Instructor Trainer
199 Posts
Imported post

Ben,
tell me more about the TDI course with Andy?? it sounds good. and I'm looking for some good quality training.. though doubt I'll get much opportunity before Jan 5th

Ian

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

Bren I hope your being sarcastic!!!!! or very caring!
I was actually planning on drowning them and nicking their gear. I ve got a holiday to pay for.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imported post

Ian, I did my TDI Basic Nitrox with Andy which was £45. Its a great course, 4 dives and qualifies up to ean40. I thought it was a great course. Am thinking of doing the adv nitrox as a result which i think is about £120 ish. You will need to check prices with Andy. Not sure when he is running them but I think there might be an adv in Jan. If theres a few of us up for it Im sure we can always book one with him.

Im also doing my SDI Deep Diver Course with Andy on the 23 24th dec. It qualifies you down to 45m. Im doing it as part of my SDI Avanced Development. The course is about £80 should u be interested.

Best thing to do if interested in any is give Andy a call, hes reallly helpfull.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts