YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just thought I'd post up and see what the arrangements were for this w/e's CPROX course at Cassa Hayhurst.

I spoke to Andy and Conniston is Saturday's venue.

Are peole coming on the Friday or Saturday? It looks like me and Fi will be getting to Andy's Sat am - then following to Conny.

Sunday's venue still undecided AFAIK.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Gav,

I've been fielding calls about this all day. I'll hopefully be speaking to La Hayurst this very eve and will hopefully get a complete heads-up on the script for this weekend's CPROX course; where, when, what, etc.

Andy's down at the Grand Opening of the new National Dive Centre today, so I'm hoping to catch him later - post-opening gig sherry permitting ;)

More when I have it.

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Bren, I spoke to Andy this afternoon.

He thought Conny for Sat cos Ben needs to do his search and recovery stuff and Crap and Rainy would be too busy ...

I was more worried about the social side of things - I've got restaurants to book y'know !

See you Saturday mate.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

exscuse my french but fucking ####.... s&r in conny..... you all having a laugh!!!
its pitch black..... have problems finding myself there let alone anything else.....

This could be fun... hmmmm, methinks im going to be punnished this weekend.

See you all there.  At least it should be quiet, was there last week and we were the only divers in the lake.

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Ben, Andy said it might be challenging - I'm just coming for a laugh!!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

OK,

Spoke to Andy Dales tonight and here's the news on the CPROX course for the weekend so that levels of expectation are common for all attending (whether on the course or just there for the 'Craic').

* The course will take between 2 and 3 hours in the evening on Saturday 22nd Feb at Andy's place.

* It is a classroom-based gig with reading and hands-on practical work (e.g. CPR, mouth-to-mouth, clearing air-ways, learning the proper use of O2 set etc.)

* Any one drinking BEFORE the course is complete will fail the course - this is because you will be breathing into the mouth of 'Annie' the rescue 'dummy' and Andy does not want it reeking of assorted 'sherry' for others coming after you. It also helps that you're mostly compos-mentis for the event ;)

* For those wishing to sleep over, Andy wants to be at Wastwater (where he is teaching a Trimix course) on the Sunday morning for 09.00 hrs - this means leaving his gaff (with any sleep-overs up and gone) by 07.00 to 07.15 hrs.

I intend to dive with Gav on the Saturday (Conniston Water) and Sunday (Wastwater) as he's taking his twins for their maiden voyage. Anyone else up for it, please feel free to get in amongst it. Gav, suggest you bring your new 'light-sabre' as Conni can be like diving in three-week old Darjeeling tea. Any one wanting to join us, please be at La Hayhurst's by 09.00 hrs on Saturday morning. We shall be leaving around 09.30 hrs for Conni.

Hope this helps. Any questions, please call Andy on his mobile TEL: 07702 819381 or me on TEL: 07764 - 174647 and we'll do our best to help where we can.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Got my under suit at last, nice arctic 200. Im going be moaning about being to hot now!!!! Also a new dsmb since mine broke, (actually its tied off at 25m so will give you all something to look at since there is balls all else there).

i know you both probably have dived there before but if you havent, it really, really is pitch black, so dont forget to charge your torches!!

ill either see you all at andys or ill meet you at baliff wood. Bearing in mind youll all be late (Bren and Gav = bad combo in time keeping :wink:) I can have a lie in!!

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Bren and Gav, bad time keeping ...

Be quiet whelp ...

We'll be there ....

At some point.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Based on experience:

Gav and Fi, like camping, dont do mornings.... Yates

Bren, Im gonna set up base camp, have a chat, a coffee and rush for no man on this planet, by kingdom come, Tierney.

And why not, we have all day! Besides every time I rush I have a bad dive, so im coming round to Brens style!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Yeah but Bren takes the piss, one day we were supposed to be meeting at the cape for skills and a new twinset test dive at 9:00am, by 2:00pm this tw*t (Sorry Bren, I love you man but this is true) is still stood in shades, orange fleece and karki thinsulate napper cap, chatting with everyone and anyone in the cape carpark about God knows what while his DUI drysuit and Halcyon wing is still ensconsed within his Landrover.. relaxed and laidback is one thing but PERLEEZE do not take on Bren's stylee for diving cos even Jamaican's think Bren's aving a larf!!!!

:biggrin:

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Sorry mate, I don't know where you're getting your stories from at the moment but it's got...let just say...the 'Willo-spin' on it? ;)

I'd called you to tell you I would be arriving late at the Cape - granted, and then stood and chatted to new YD'ers I'd not met, like Kirky, John Holmes, Nick, Dave etc. as they'd come over to us to introduce themselves not long after I'd arrived. What was I gonna do? Say sorry lads, can't chat I'm going diving?

And besides....gave you more time to pose in your 'measured to the inch' Adeura suit. Actually, that's true about most of your kit - the rest of us look like a bag-o-shite after getting kitted up and you look like you've just stepped out Next's Diving Catalogue! Why is that??

Oh and change to plan boys - I won't be at the CPROX course tomorrow night. Like a tw*t, my Jamaican side has kicked in and I'd forgotten it's my niece's 21st tomorrow night in Manchester - Doh!! So I'll have to catch you on the next dive.

Gav, I'll be there in the morning though at Andy's to meet you guys before setting off. Sunday I may have to draw stumps on the diving as if Saturday night goes how I think it might, Sunday will be a 'Bren in no 'mood' for diving' day! Hope the course goes well dudes.

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

Well, Willo and Bren - if you two are gonna spat I don't wanna play.

Ben, behave - you're usually in too bad a state to dive after a visit to the Malt Whisky Society!!!!

Anyway, looking forward to see you boys soon.

Me and Fi won't be at Andy's early doors cos we've got to get some stuff sorted in Edinburgh before we come down but we'll be in plenty of time for the course proper.

(Edited by Gavin Yates at 11:48 pm on Feb. 21, 2003)

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

So Gav,

I take it by your message above that you're not turning up for the dive at Conni at all and just arriving for the CPROX course at Andy's in the evening?

Well with Ben on a course there's not much point in me turning up to dive solo (was gonna buddy you with your new twins). My word this has worked out well; good job I checked the boards before setting off in the early AM, eh?

(Edited by Bren Tierney at 2:03 am on Feb. 22, 2003)

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

Sorry Bren - I thought loads of people were going.

Also with you new to twins and me with less than 2 hours on them I'd be a bit of a liability to you mate.

See you soon

G

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

No worries Gav,

Hope the course goes well and give my love to the fair Fiona! Look forward to 'twinning' with you in the very near future.

Cheers,

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

That's no true, and you know it.....You started it 1st, you've got bigger thighs than me, and more spots and your torch is blacker than mine, and your hair is blonder than mine and you live in a more 'they speak very differently up there don't they?' type area - and you can't deny it!!

Apart from that, you have a diving brother (as I could never claim to have - bastard!) and a bent for gettng in amongst it (diving) with him - which I can never claim!

In fact, I hold all my life's problems down to you, personally! ;)

Fuck this - when are we diving next?? I feel a wet coming on SOON !! SMB's at 4 yards!!! As long as we're talking Jamaican rules - relaxed and ready!!

Large bruv

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

As soon as the suit arrives I'm donning it and running straight towards anything that's wet and deeper that a puddle mate, Now if we can just get Divers Wharehouse to have it ready for Saturday 1st March we'll have it cracked cos I'd luv to try the suit, me new weighting system and the big F.O. cannister torch all out together before I go leaping off the back of a hardboat in Anglesey.

BTW, I was at our lads yesterday in his newly built garage/workshop where he proceeded to work his magic and my V-weight now drops beautifully into place... I mentioned him doing yours too and he said that it was the least he could do, so we'll get that organised as soon as you like buddy boy.

Oh and the next time you mention my thighs you bitch, I'm clawing your fukcin eyes out... OK!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts