YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
"Kite is right"
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Aquanauts have just had a cancellation so Pete Fergus's boat Venture is available, running out of the Mount Batten Centre, Plymouth

Just provisionally booked myself and DaveB on. He needs 4 or 6 to run a trip, anyone interested.

Sites to be chosen if we get enough people but i will be gunning for the Eddy Lighthouse. Ropes off time unknown as yet and costs variable depending on numbers.

Weather is gonna be spectacular and viz should be half-decent out there so lets go......:teeth: :teeth:

I guess, all welcome:
see Aquanauts Dive Centre, Plymouth, PADI Diving Courses & Diver Charters - Home or ring them on 01752 228825

ash

·
One half of team dip sh!t
1,638 Posts
bump

·
UK GUE Instructor
1,448 Posts
Does everyone know that we're getting 10m viz inshore at Plymouth at the moment??? We've got some of the most awsome conditions we've had in years.

It's sunny and flat calm too... I heard viz yesterday out of Weymouth on the Salsette was only 1m!!! lol :)

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Sorely tempted. What time would ropes off be for a late (after shop closing) decision Brian?

Adrian

·
UK GUE Instructor
1,448 Posts
If we can get 6 people together, Dave and Ash are keen to do Hand Deeps and something else on the way in (boat choice) £40 per head to Pete, think he only takes cheques or cash.

Ropes off at 10am from Aquanauts but Pete would need to know by this evening. Oh and 10m inshore probably means about 15m out in the channel.

·
"Kite is right"
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Come on down and play....

Yeah..come on peeps

look at the viz reports !!

Open to suggestions. I haven't done JEL for a while so could be pushed to see what has changed on it, Don't mind really as long as it is salty !.....

Eddys or Hands deep

or JEL & Rosehill

or Maine/Persier/Oregon etc. etc..

ash

·
1,638 Posts
come on lads you know you want to :teeth: just look out the window

·
1,638 Posts
Yeah..come on peeps

Don't mind really as long as it is salty !....

ash
I worry about you some times tucker :frown: :)

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Yeah..come on peeps

look at the viz reports !!

Open to suggestions. I haven't done JEL for a while so could be pushed to see what has changed on it, Don't mind really as long as it is salty !.....

Eddys or Hands deep

or JEL & Rosehill

or Maine/Persier/Oregon etc. etc..

ash
Those too. :) :) Sad to say it has ended up being 2 years since doing the Maine or Oregon :(

I'm trying to find out what my club is doing tomorrow...

G

·
yeap, I might be interested, but only in wrecks

but I haven't got my cylinders at the moment (being filled)
I might struggle to get them for tomorrow

·
Long time no sea
710 Posts
Brian's viz reports are accurate and not the usual dive centre wishful thinking. Viz has been improving for the last 4 weeks and has been exceeding 8m consistently.

good luck with the trip.

Neill

·
"Kite is right"
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeap, I might be interested, but only in wrecks.
but I haven't got my cylinders at the moment (being filled)
I might struggle to get them for tomorrow

got a bunch of club 12s we could tie together with string etc. and make a nice quad-set !

We need 4 confirmed by end of today to make it a go. If we get 6 we can go a bit further out...

ash

·
1,638 Posts
come on boys and girls get your names down :)

·
UK GUE Instructor
1,448 Posts
ok we have 3 people for tomorrow

1. Dr T
2. Dave
3. Dexter

Venture needs 4 divers for to go out for Rosehill and Layne or similar. Any takers?

B

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Brian,

I won't know until tonight. I have a mobile number for you, unless it has changed in the last year or so. What is the latest you need to know?

Adrian

1 - 20 of 29 Posts