YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Those little strobes to increase visibility that I'm sure we've all seen: What's the best colour for the LEDs to be?

Red would be the most visible against all that blue, but red light doesn't travel too far in water.

Blue travels a long way, but blue light on a blue background..? Hmm.

White may cover all bases, but white isn't actually a terribly visible colour: When did you last see safety jackets that were white instead of flourescent yellow?

And so on... ;)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]In the tradition of Inventing The Freedom Of Diving, Oceanic is proud to present the LITEVISIONtm mask. The mask brings to the diver the freedom of enjoying "hands free" illumination through the simple touch button operation of light emitting diodes (LEDs), which are strategically placed in the mask frame. Besides enabling users to read gauges during low light or night dives, they can also look closely at creatures in close quarters or under ledges during the day. Forget about the hassle of fumbling for that flashlight in your BC, this light is available at a press of the finger and follows your every focus point!

The patent-pending design of the LITEVISIONtm mask incorporates three super bright, high quality LEDs in the frame of Oceanic's widely popular Trend 3 mask. These high-powered green LEDs have a usage life of more than 10,000 hours. Why green? Studies show that green is one of the most visible colors at distance at depth or on the surface from the air. Each LITEVISIONtm mask is powered by four LR44 button cell batteries, with a usage life of more than 10 hours. These batteries are readily available in electronic and most drug stores. For fashion's sake, the ultra-comfort mask skirt and multi-color offering of accents match almost any equipment color combination.

The LITEVISIONtm also serves other important purposes besides providing hands free lighting. Three quick taps of the button will activate a continual flashing of the green LEDs at quarter-second bursts. In this mode, the mask can be used as a safety signaling device both on the surface or below. Because of it's innovative design, the LITEVISIONtm also eliminates the need for chemical sticks, previously used by divers and snorkelers at night. Environmental experts have warned that these items can cause harm to the aquatic environment, so many people are looking for alternative options such as this mask offers.

The LITEVISIONtm mask - useful and innovative functioning, improving diver safety, environmental friendly - another unbeatable combination from Oceanic.
<span =''>

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I guess the best option would be one of those new style hi intensity bluish bulbs as used in car headlights, which I believe are Xenon filled?

Re this litevision mask, saw one in a review, looked a bit gimmicky to me.  

(Edited by Steve W at 4:54 pm on Nov. 8, 2002)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

A HID strobe? Now that I'd HAVE to see!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Dominic on 4:58 pm on Nov. 8, 2002
A HID strobe? Now that I'd HAVE to see!
<span =''>Wot? You are not going to make one Dommie :lol3:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

Tragically, I'm too busy with my torch at the moment.

Maybe you could get hold of a second hand UK Light Cannon and adapt it a bit? ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts