YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Having realised the whistles attached to bcd's are almost useless in the water ( have you tried blowing one of these in rough water?)wondered if anyone has got or have used one of those siren things that attaches to your direct low pressure feed on the bcd.?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Imported post

Ok me had one - my personal verdict
Yes you hit the nail on the head
"sounds like a goose farting in water"
Not worth the money in my eyes, chances are if youre in that rough a water your whistle is of no use, Then you are best saving what air you have in youre cylinder to inflate youre BC or breathe off if youre getting swamped. Just as cheap a way and in my eyes better is using a high visibilty SMB Tube, if you can afford it attach a strobe or attach a couple of High Intensity Cylume sticks to the top of it, then if you need to use it you just break it out and crack the sticks !!
Better than you getting shafted my a male seal on heat !!
:evilsmile:

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from divedog on 11:16 pm on Feb. 27, 2002

Better than you getting shafted my a male seal on heat !!
:evilsmile:
<span =''>

You sound like you are speaking from experience!!
:rofl2:

Regards

·
Registered
93 Posts
Imported post

Not personally .. but I wouldnt like to blast off with one of those screechers around Stacks Rocks whilst its mating season of the resident seal colony or you my find your drysuit getting shredded rather quickly. I dived with buddy called Adam there, he was 17 and just passed his sports diver course... the experience he had with a seal I think will put him off diving around them forever - we made our ascent back to back with knives drawn !! we wasnt the only pair to get attacked, 3 more pairs suffered the same and one of them came back with a cleanly punched fin to show off in the pub that night !! changine the subject slightly - swing a lantern ect ect... no Id rather not use anything that can sound like a mating call or agravate something that can swim faster through my crap than I can water !!!
:bonk:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from divedog on 12:22 am on Feb. 28, 2002
we made our ascent back to back with knives drawn
<span =''>

:rofl: Tell me Dog.... were you more concerned about being attacked or RAPED!!!  

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Since they made such a loud noise in the dive shop, wondered if they actually did the same when bobbing away on the surface? Not too encouraged by the news so far.
Do they still do those diver mini flare kits? (or maybe go the whole hog and get an epirb lol)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts