YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Will probably be at Leas Foot Beach, Thurlestone on Sunday unless we have a change of plan.  

If any YDers are around pop over and say Hi.  We will be the group of 6 or so with the gazebo (Sorry not offering to wear my YD fleece for easier ID  
)

Daz

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

Yep...  Sounds better than "Sandy beach next to dog turd lane" doesn't it.  

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

Where were you then ?.  cracking dive.  Vis was good enough for photographing all of the cuttle fish that we saw. Undulate ray, bass, pollack, lots of wrasse.  We saw a few divers over on the wreck but didn't see a gazebo on the beach, so we figured we'd been RB'd and done our own thing.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

Doug....
Sorry we missed you Doug
,  We were there, gazebo type thing was halfway up the beach just where the sandy bit goes to pebbles.  Directly in line with the footpath and steps that lead down to the beach.

We had a look around the wreck as well....  Basically 4 of us went in, the 2 girls departed to head back to base camp after 30 minutes.  My mate and I bobbed around in the water for 10 minutes waiting for the 5th person in the crew to throw his kit on and join us.   then off we went again.

Nice day though, reasonable vis although a bit murky around the Louis Sheid.

Arrived at 9:30, left at 15:30

Were you on a boat per chance....   I saw 2 during the day, the second one was a rib/inflatable with a fibreglass 'A' frame.  

Oh well next time maybe.

Daz

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

We were there well after you left then.  We got there at 16:00 because high tide was 17:30. We didn't do the wreck although we saw a group of 4 on it and a couple of snorkellers.  I'm sorry i missed you, i wanted to look at your upside down kit
.   Maybe next time.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

Oh the joys of early starts from Bristol, we normally try to head homeward by 16:00 at the latest.  

Next weekend I am planning to be down the coast again, possibly Saturday, possibly Babbacombe (Will post details closer to the time).

Maybe next time Doug,

Daz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts