Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#333399'>

Yep that's the one will book mark it this time.
Thanks Steve.

Bob

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Apparently there's a copyright probelm with UK tidal info and the WXtide 32, the more recent versions don't carry info for the UK 'cos AFAIUI, the UKHO won't allow access to their data
Chee-az
steve

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

That's right. About a year ago they decided that their tidal predictions were copyrightable.
If anyone is interested I've got full tidal predictions(times, heights, differences) for thousands of areas and at any date you choose to ask it in the future(none of this 7 day crap).

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

An interesting point on the tidal prediction software available. I recently taught a BSAC dive planning and marshalling (DPM) course. Part of this is obviously planning dives. We planned 2 dives of St Abbs. I sent them away to work out tides, slack, launch times etc and they came back with totally different answers. It seems that some software will predict high tide to be up to 5 hours different to another programme.

Bit of a warning about trusting these things too much I guess, I always look at about 3 now just to check!

Paul

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Try going to a "search engine" (I use Google or, if you prefer,  www.google.com) and type in TIDE TABLES WHEREVER - subtitute the name of the town you are diving from i/o WHEREVER.

I found my local council web site had the tide tables for my home town + they were adjusted for BST so no need to remember to allow for the hour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts