YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fins are the right size. However, when it comes to taking them off after a dive, they are a total bugger to get off. They have rubber heel straps - fine, unhook them easily enough, but pulling them off my feet is really hard. I usually have to get another person to stand on them so I can pull my feet out of them - it's a right tug of war! :angry: Wondered if making a hole in the bottom of the foot would help - would it? Thanks in anticipation.:)

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Wondered if making a hole in the bottom of the foot would help - would it? Thanks in anticipation.:)
It did for me. I drilled a few holes in the bottom of my Mares Volos and they are MUCH easier to get off.

HTH

Helen xxx

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
My fins are the right size. However, when it comes to taking them off after a dive, they are a total bugger to get off. ... Wondered if making a hole in the bottom of the foot would help - would it?
Probably, yes.

If you have no holes near the end of the foot pocket, then you have the problem of suction holding your foot in. I am not saying that it will make them come off like a well oiled thing, but it should help a bit.

My Jet fins have two holes in the base, near the toe of the pocket, about 10mm wide (ish) and I can get them off by myself. It is sometimes a bit of a hassle, but I haven't needed anyone to stand on them for me.

·
Silent Knight
1,849 Posts
Silicone spray from Halfords or similar outlet (Their own stuff is in a yellow can)

A quick spray on a rag (away from your other kit !) then wipe around the foot pocket. Repeat every half dozen dives or as necessary.

Nic loves me when I remember to do hers but conversely calls me everything under the sun when she finds out I haven't !! :embarassed:

Graham :)

Reactions: 57358
1 - 5 of 5 Posts