Then had a go at dancing round,
the trailer hitch tow ball :note:

Iiiii thank yooouuuu!!!!!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Continued,,,,,

Oii,,have you got the right trouser's on???

Maybe not,,these do seem a bit stiff !!

Come on lads,, it's a hard time for us all these day's !!!

As you have probably guessed,, we didn't get a launch today,,but hey, we prepared,,we came ,,we played musical tables whilst having a full breakfast at the cafe, we were told what to expect, but did it anyway,,
This is what makes British diving !!
HURRAH FOR OUR GANG !!!

·
Diver & Joshua's Daddy.
370 Posts
Weather at Brid = foggy & crap, hence no launches

Weather at home = hot and sunny

Mind you glad to report that at least I did get wet this afternoon, even if it was only courtesy of Joshua and his paddling pool.

Hoping for better luck next time.

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
It only cleared at my place at about 11am, but it's already come down now again.

However, when it was burnt off it was nice and sunny. However, looking out towards the sea it never seemed to lose that 'slightly misty' feeling, even when the sun was out.

Even driving down towards Malton there was a noticeable haze.

But it was hot enough to get sunburnt babysitting the kids at Castle Howard! :)

Sorry you couldn't get out, guys. East coast is so darn unpredictable.

·
Diver & Joshua's Daddy.
370 Posts
Where are the webcams Colin
I had a google, yhe only one I found was at the golf club, there were references to a bbc humberside one overlooking the harbour, but the site said the webcam had been removed.
What one did u look at ?

·
His Holeyness
2,198 Posts
All the decent ones are off line.

But there's one in somebodys' back garden at Fortyfoot, wherever that is.
http://www.bridlingtonweather.co.uk/jpgwebcam.jpg

There's one at Scarborough looking down the coast.
Scarborough Webcam from John Allsopp, provider of professionally engineered Internet solutions for humans
(this gives a nice view down the coast, when it's not foggy)

Both were showing foggy scenes today.

and there's supposedly one in Cayton bay for the surfers, but that looked like everybody was enjoying sunshine. This cam's a bit unreliable at the moment, and is not online at this moment!
http://83.105.39.224

ColinM

·
East coast, think I dive there !
1,993 Posts
We got out of Brid in the afternoon but missed slack and went for a mooch, another two boats got out too, one got a drift dive with no viz and the other pulled off the wreck. Always next week. :frown:

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Where are the webcams Colin
I had a google, yhe only one I found was at the golf club, there were references to a bbc humberside one overlooking the harbour, but the site said the webcam had been removed.
What one did u look at ?
There's one at Scarborough which overlooks the Spa;

BBC - North Yorkshire - In Pictures - WEBCAM: Scarborough beach

But the one at Brid has been shut down (unless Colin's got access to a private one).

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Oii,,have you got the right trouser's on???

Maybe not,,these do seem a bit stiff !!

Come on lads,, it's a hard time for us all these day's !!!

As you have probably guessed,, we didn't get a launch today,,but hey, we prepared,,we came ,,we played musical tables whilst having a full breakfast at the cafe, we were told what to expect, but did it anyway,,
This is what makes British diving !!
HURRAH FOR OUR GANG !!!
and for a minute I thought I had managed to keep out of the photos.....
but no you have me trying to stay warm with helmet on!!!!!!!!
didn't get much cash either!!!!!!

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
hey Timbo great photo's and good report - you got more replies than I got for Plymouth - guess you all missed it!!! :frown:

how are you fixed for having another go in 2 weeks (work and weather permitting) Mark2 is up for it!

cheers steven

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Hi.

You can always pm me to look out of the window and I will tell anybody what the sea conditions are like for Hornsea / Brid area.

Or the night before forecast,.

If the wife is sleeping on her left side there will be a Northerly gale blowing, If she is sleeping on her right side there will be a Southerly gale blowing, If she is sleeping on her back.

I cant remember what that stands for!!!!!:embarassed:

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Hi.

You can always pm me to look out of the window and I will tell anybody what the sea conditions are like for Hornsea / Brid area.

If the wife is sleeping on her left side there will be a Northerly gale blowing, If she is sleeping on her right side there will be a Southerly gale blowing, If she is sleeping on her back.

A High Pressure Front? :D

(Capernwray's weather was BEAUTIFUL today :p)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi.

We can do that thanks,,
As explained,we expected it,,but many times we have got lucky when the forecast has been not so good,,,
The guy at Belvedere says sometimes the fog bank is only a couple of miles thick and once through it , the weather is sound..
Today just wasn't our call..

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Hi.

I'll echo Timbo - thanks Ray we may just take you up on that
"Timbo take notes"

cheers steven

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.