YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just emptying out a dusty old file from the filing cabinet ahd having a quick shufty to make sure there was nothing that shouldn't be thrown away when I noticed some of the earliest documents were created by me in 1990 ........... once I'd got over the shock of having, apparently, wasted 17 years of my life, I immediately went back into shock again!

I've been squeezing them like mad (and the documents) to try and wring some youth back out of them and in to me. I've been trying to figure out how I can use then to travel back in time to when I created them .................

Is it just me or does anyone else find the concept of time to be really weird .......... I mean, you can't see it or directly feel it but we judge everything by/in relation to it.

I suppose, if there are an infinite number of Universes where anything and everything is possible then there must be a Universe that is identical to ours but 19 years behind (for example) ........... still, that's not really time travel ........... more like watching an old movie?

Oh, a word of warning, I've started keeping a 'black book of doom' and the name of anyone who is mean to me goes straight into the book! When I've figured out all this time palaver and other cosmic conundrums (such as crumpled underpants) I am not going to tell the answer to anyone in the book!!! You have been warned!!!!

·
Spider Crabs can just f*ck off
16,005 Posts
Oh, a word of warning, I've started keeping a 'black book of doom' and the name of anyone who is mean to me goes straight into the book! When I've figured out all this time palaver and other cosmic conundrums (such as crumpled underpants) I am not going to tell the answer to anyone in the book!!! You have been warned!!!!
Can we elect to be put in the book?

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can we elect to be put in the book?
Comments like that may get you straight into the book young lady ........... not to mention an arse paddling first!!!!

·
16,005 Posts
I seem to have led a VERY sheltered life!!

:)
I was offered a job at Westward Bound (it's based in Plymouth). It was a toss-up (pun intended) between that and the job I've got. Either way, it involved working with w*nkers, so I went for barristers' clerk.

Reactions: fishyheid

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was offered a job at Westward Bound (it's based in Plymouth). It was a toss-up (pun intended) between that and the job I've got. Either way, it involved working with w*nkers, so I went for barristers' clerk.
AIUI, barristers are more into lacey frilly women's undergarments rather than the fetish stuff ................. but I could be wrong? Could you not ask around your office?

·
16,005 Posts
AIUI, barristers are more into lacey frilly women's undergarments rather than the fetish stuff ................. but I could be wrong? Could you not ask around your office?
Nobody here. They're all off dogging somewhere.

·
Sub-optimal DIR wannabe
1,038 Posts
It's interesting to note just how quickly you have hit back with Westward Bound. I 've never heard of it myself, never been to Plymouth either. Honest.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
<chop> Oh, a word of warning, I've started keeping a 'black book of doom' and the name of anyone who is mean to me goes straight into the book! When I've figured out all this time palaver and other cosmic conundrums (such as crumpled underpants) I am not going to tell the answer to anyone in the book!!! You have been warned!!!!

That's ok, we'll ask by using our alternate YD logon's.

·
16,005 Posts
It's interesting to note just how quickly you have hit back with Westward Bound. I 've never heard of it myself, never been to Plymouth either. Honest.
Turbanator's on their mailing list. :)

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
You can easily go back in time Finless. Just set the date on your computer to 1990. You'll then have 10 years to figure out how to get a Y2K fix for your current operating system.

:D

Wasn't there an X-files program about finless a few years ago?

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
I was just emptying out a dusty old file from the filing cabinet ahd having a quick shufty to make sure there was nothing that shouldn't be thrown away when I noticed some of the earliest documents were created by me in 1990 ........... once I'd got over the shock of having, apparently, wasted 17 years of my life, I immediately went back into shock again!

I've been squeezing them like mad (and the documents) to try and wring some youth back out of them and in to me. I've been trying to figure out how I can use then to travel back in time to when I created them .................

Is it just me or does anyone else find the concept of time to be really weird .......... I mean, you can't see it or directly feel it but we judge everything by/in relation to it.

I suppose, if there are an infinite number of Universes where anything and everything is possible then there must be a Universe that is identical to ours but 19 years behind (for example) ........... still, that's not really time travel ........... more like watching an old movie?

Up the dose mate!

Matt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts