YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Wreck Enthusiast
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After attending Mark Powell's excellent deco theory lecture I've been looking into the various models and theory in a bit more detail and to help me get my head around some concepts I started throwing together some software to let me explore and tinker a bit.

I don't know how useful others will find it, but I thought I'd share what I've got so far. If you like it, please let me know. If you think something is wrong, please let me know!

If you don't like it - that's fine too :)

It's a tissue model application that so far handles Haldane and Workman models with nitrogen as the only inert gas. You can drive it manually (changing depth/gas/time) or edit a dive profile and get it to step through the profile minute by minute.

An annotated screenshot:

Future plans are to support additional models (e.g. Buhlmann) as well as helium. I'm not sure whether or not to add support for two profiles with a graph each for easy comparison of the affect of different gases.

It isn't designed to produce dive profiles, doesn't cover NDLs, etc - it's just about modelling what happens in the tissues. There also aren't any instructions - but then hopefully it's not that hard to push the buttons and see what they do...

It's a Java app that I've made it available using Java Web Start, so if you have this installed already then start up a command window and type:
Code:
javaws http://the-hunters.mysite.orange.co.uk/TissueModel/TissueModel.jnlp
(Sadly my hosting doesn't have the right mime types for this to run just using a URL :( )

If you don't have it, get over to Java Web Start Download - download and install.

Enjoy, and let me know how you get on :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts