YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I got a 7 litre stage at the dive show.  It has a boot on it, and i seem to remember most people didnt have boots on their stage cylinders.

Why?

And if i should take it off, which is the best way to do so?  A rubber mallet?

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Do you really need a boot on it?

I guess on a standard cylinder it helps when putting all the kit together, but on a stage, why would you ever need to stand it up?
Afterall we always lay our cylinders down when not in use.

As for getting it off (oh er missus),  you should just be able to ease it off gradually.  I usually stand the cylinder up, put my feet right against either side of the boot and gently ease the cylinder up while wiggling it side to side.

Daz

Failing that a rubber mallet would also work  

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Stand cylinder upright in a bucket.. pour in 2 kettle loads of boiling hot water.

Boot slides off with no effort at all ..

SAME WAY as putting them on , but without soaking in cold water to contract to hold on firmly  

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

I have boots on both my deco stages, I also have a perpensaty to crawl inside ship wrecks. To date I havent noticed a problem. Apart that is from the fact that a preferance to boots and getting inside old wrecks might be seen as perverted by some

No I like my cylinders to stand proud and erect in the garrage so the boots stay on

ATB

Mark Chase

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Same as Mark, also i stand mine upright in the car, held back by a racket strap.

Also makes it easier when filling at my compressor in a butt of water.

rgds

Andy

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

I don't have boots on my stages, but I do on backtanks. Mind you, there are times when I wish I had boots on stages etc. I just don't have the problem at sites or in the water.

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (malcolm smith @ Dec. 02 2003,17:46)]My 7l ally stage has a flat bottom----
Yeah, I had a girl friend like that once

ATB

Mark Chase

1 - 11 of 11 Posts