YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of selling my twin 12's (used to be Wilbo's so you know there good) but they are due their first test. Is it worth having this done now prior to selling them or should I just sell them as is.

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Would you sell a car with no MOT? How much more would it be worth with a 12 month one?

Chris

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
Would you sell a car with no MOT? How much more would it be worth with a 12 month one?
The man has a point.

People do advertise their cylinders without tests and you usually see "If it fails, I will give you a full refund" in the advert.

If I am looking to buy a twinset that needs testing, then I think:

"Oh, I wonder why they are being sold untested?"
"OK, so before I get to play with my new toy, I need to take them to my LDS, leave them for a bit, come back and pay them money. But i want it NOW"
"What if they do fail? I have gone to all that trouble, am going to have to pay for the test, then get them back to the seller and try and get my money back. And I am going to be out the price of the test, the time and money in petrol it took to get them to my LDS"
"Nah, I think I will just wait for a set being sold 'in test'"

Or, in short - I agree with Chris :)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
So do I. You would probably get more for a set in test than without even taking into account the cost of testing.
Agreed and don't forget an 02 clean as well that will help sell them.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Tested and O2 cleaned. When I am buying i don't want to take a gamble on howmuch a test will cost - what parts may need replacing, will it need a shotblast etc. It is not so much the failing as fine line between second-hand tanks being worth it or not. You could easily crank up the overall cost towards a new set with shotblasts etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts