YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any help please i have not got speed camera on the unit and it says i have only 7meg left of space on the 128 meg memry card.
I am upgrading to to put cameras on but to me there is not enough space is this true .
Does the uk speed camera upgrade be less than 6 meg any help please thankyou in advance

·
Resident Windfarmologist
1,852 Posts
roy,

i assume that the unit has a sd-card?if so a 2gig one is about 15quid iirc.get one of those :)

Reactions: royplumber

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Roy,

In January the files I downloaded from Pocketgpsworld came to 267KB. So you should have plenty of space.

If no then you could ditch some useless voices that you don't use?

HTH

Si

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roy,

In January the files I downloaded from Pocketgpsworld came to 267KB. So you should have plenty of space.

If no then you could ditch some useless voices that you don't use?

HTH

Si

cheers lads i have bought sd card but in the mean time until it arives i'll try and make some room
si does the Pocketgpsworld show all uk camera or just a few . I was told some of these sites are bogus

but people are moaning about tom tom web site updates that to add on speed cameras from uk are £30 quid dearer than france.
maybe france have less speed cameras i don't know

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
cheers lads i have bought sd card but in the mean time until it arives i'll try and make some room
si does the Pocketgpsworld show all uk camera or just a few . I was told some of these sites are bogus.
I'm not sure about ALL... but it certainly seems to have all (except perhaps when they use them at temporary roadworks as I believe it relies on people reporting the locations of them?) the ones that I've driven past.

Actually... If you PM me your email address I can send them to you and the instructions on what to do with them as I've downloaded the newest version today. You can give them a shot and see if they're any good for you?

Si

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure about ALL... but it certainly seems to have all (except perhaps when they use them at temporary roadworks as I believe it relies on people reporting the locations of them?) the ones that I've driven past.

Actually... If you PM me your email address I can send them to you and the instructions on what to do with them as I've downloaded the newest version today. You can give them a shot and see if they're any good for you?

Si
pm sent with geen

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
think ive done it right i clicked onto backup sent it to sat nav card and it looks like it's copying all to card on sat nav

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
:angry:

si ive deleted the lot from sat nav and cannot get the backup back onto sd card any ideas

Ummmmm.... I know it's too late to ask this but... Why did you delete everything?

I've searched the TomTom site and found this result...
TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home - How do I backup my TomTom device with HOME?

Not sure what computer you're using but this is further info (more specifically for Mac but it hopefully might be of use? :S)
TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home - Should I back up the contents of my memory card (SD card) including my maps? How do I back up the contents of my memory card? I have an Apple Macintosh®.

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
I've just found a sneeky site with all the new released maps too :D

I've just downloaded the GB maps V6.75 released the other day... Will try them out tomorrow :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've just found a sneeky site with all the new released maps too :D

I've just downloaded the GB maps V6.75 released the other day... Will try them out tomorrow :)
back to square one it didnt work

I deleted the maps and everything of card because i thought i'll wip it then reinstalle backup but guess what the backup will not install gutted i'll never find my way to the nitrox course next saturday

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
back to square one it didnt work

I deleted the maps and everything of card because i thought i'll wip it then reinstalle backup but guess what the backup will not install gutted i'll never find my way to the nitrox course next saturday
i have the files saved to my documents but it does not want to load and there is no manuel set up file ggrrrr

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
i have the files saved to my documents but it does not want to load and there is no manuel set up file ggrrrr
I realise that you might looks favourites and stuff but if it will help (and if it fits on your card) I will back up mine and send you the file so you can get up and running again.

Will do it this morning for you.

HTH,

Si

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I realise that you might looks favourites and stuff but if it will help (and if it fits on your card) I will back up mine and send you the file so you can get up and running again.

Will do it this morning for you.

HTH,

Si
your a topaman si but it wont work it's just works on 1 unit
good news i found a backup i burnt onto cd 6 month ago you cannot even resote of the origanal cd tom tom is good unit but they are a rip of company

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
your a topaman si but it wont work it's just works on 1 unit
good news i found a backup i burnt onto cd 6 month ago you cannot even resote of the origanal cd tom tom is good unit but they are a rip of company
That's good that you found a back up! I'm glad that it's working again!

It does work on more than one unit. I had a newer version of the TomTom OS than my other halfs folks and just copied it across to their card so they could have full postcode navigation. It does get a bit confused when trying to update things which aren't available to that model but other than that it works perfectly.

This morning I've managed to get the new maps on mine and all seems to be working well. Just required a bit of help from Babel Fish to translate the instructions from Spanish but I'm good to go now! RARGH!!! :D

S

1 - 17 of 17 Posts