YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Welcome today to Dougie as our 150th Member.

That means that since 02nd August 2002, we (YD) have added an extra 50 - yes, FIFTY - new members, and that's some going. But hey, if the product's good, the people are gonna want it, right? ;)

On what started out to be an unpredictable wicket, the runs came slowly at first, then Jay and 2Tanx re-adjusted their boxes, gloves and helmets and the runs started to come smoothly and quickly.

Here's to the celebration in the club-house in anticipation of the Double Ton!!

Indeed, I'll buy at least one round of drinks for all YD-ers (and any accompanying other-halves) that attend Sunday's Dive Show in Brum.

Well-in YD.

(Edited by Bren Tierney at 11:57 pm on Oct. 9, 2002)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Imported post

Congratulations Bren and the rest of the YD 'management'!

That is quite some going.

Anniversary this weekend ... so no show, no show.. have a great time and make the 'Darkside' pay.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Me? Management? You're joking, they wouldn't let the likes of me in!!!

Grouch Marx:

"I still maintain that I would never be a member of club that would have me as a member!"

This is a website though - hehe. ;)

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

With so many people driving to the show on Sunday I think it's only right that I point out that I'm not and will be available to drink any booze that cannot/should not be managed by other YDivers.

It will be a great wrench for me but I'm committed to the cause.

Slainte mhath

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

You are a true gent Gavin, and I'd just like to say that I fully intend to stand right next to you and help in any way that I can.

If I fall over first, please be available to catch me, thankyou.

p.s. Don't forget the wetsuit mate :thumb:

(Edited by Dave Williamson at 10:55 am on Oct. 10, 2002)

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Don't worry Dave, I'll pack it tonight straight after I've put the chilli powder in it !

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

No, no Gavin.  You don't want to use chilli powder!  Drip creosote on it - I promise you, the results will be much more fun.  I've seen it happen when a mate of mine had a tin of leaky creosote drip all over the crotch area of his semi-dry...  :redhot:

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

You're a very vicious Frog .... good idea.

BTW - I was thinking in a thinky kind of way earlier that we should convene a meeting of the Yorkshire Divers (Scottish Section) at some point in the future.

Me and Drift meet up about once a week or so to exchange ideas, discuss kit configurations, compare decco software ... well we just get wankered but that's not the point.

Ideas for venues from everybody and we'll do it. I suggest Edinburgh but would travel.

·
1,421 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Gavin Yates on 3:37 pm on Oct. 10, 2002
BTW - I was thinking in a thinky kind of way earlier that we should convene a meeting of the Yorkshire Divers (Scottish Section) at some point in the future.
<span =''>

Yes, sounds a good idea!  I'm hoping to dive this weekend, and next weekend.  Any more info on the poss trip on weekend of 26th this month?  No idea about venues at the moment though.  I don't mind travelling, provided it's not driving in a city centre.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

The 26th gig is still on as far as I'm concerned.

I might have a couple of newly qualified O/Ws with me so I might have to baby-sit a bit. No wrecks or currents.

You'll be lucky if you can get a sea dive this w/e. Weather look bollocks.

What's the concern with city-centre driving?

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

I think we should meet on 'neutral' turf.......say Andy Hayhurst's gaff - if he'll have us again!! Half way between Yorks and Lancs, a goodly distance from missen, and the sovereign kingdom of Hayhurst Industries..!

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Bren - I was only talking about the Scottish dwellers but I'm always up for a party anywhere.

See you on Sunday.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

OOh, Gav!!

You separatist!!!

(...and as Tierney limps, crest-fallen from the field....)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Yes, good to see the boards expanding, noticing a few more familiar names from the bsac forum.

Unless I'm a bit mistaken, many of the new members aren't posting on the Introductions forum :umnik:  as we're a fairly small and well-knit group it's be interesting to get a handle on our new colleagues :lurk_2:
Come on newbies, what's the 411 on you guys ?
Ceers
Steve W

·
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Gav, you're right about the weather.  I think I'll have to spend the weekend with my furry babies.  (Shut it Eddie!)  I drove in Glasgow on 2 occasions, and got horrificially lots both times.  I find in city centres, everyone knows where they're going and which lanes to change into and when.  I don't, and I usually end up getting tailgated, and/or people won't let me change lanes.

Glad to hear the 26th gig is still on - provided it's NOT under canvas...  :froggy:

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Frog,

As I have said before Gavster does NOT do camping so we're agreed on that.

I drove round London for 8 years so Glasgow and Edinburgh are easy. Just don't bother indicating !!!

·
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Yay, a comfy B&B/hotel then?  Superb.  Hot showers, warm comfy beds.  Lovely.  Driving in London?  You should see Le Peripherice (spelt wrong) in Paris.  :scared:

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

AH LA Boulavard Periferique ....

Great fun ... definitely don't indicate !!!

·
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Don't indicate?  Don't do nothing!  I was the passenger and I was considering going into the footwell!  Hells teeth, that was not an experience I'd wish to repeat that you very much!  

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.