YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
skulking in the shadows is it safe to come out yet
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone was looking for a little advice carry 12kg around my waist but can never keep it there no matter how tight i make italways ends up sliping down :) just want to ask everyone what they think about weight strapped to cylinder or the v weights or a harness to wear under the wing or is there somthing out there that couls help and i dont know about
hope to speak soon
Paul:embarassed:

·
Madame Wheelie-Bin
5,067 Posts
hi everyone was looking for a little advice carry 12kg around my waist but can never keep it there no matter how tight i make italways ends up sliping down :) just want to ask everyone what they think about weight strapped to cylinder or the v weights or a harness to wear under the wing or is there somthing out there that couls help and i dont know about
hope to speak soon
Become a woman and grow hips!?! Mine never slips down! Thank god for hourglass figures! ;)

A lot that I dive with converted to a harness for exactly the same reason. Though I'll let the male population give you a serious answer cos I've never lost my weight belt cos of hips! Sorry! :redface:

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
hope to speak soon
Harness works for me, I put my basic weights in that, then add extras via a spare camband around the cylinder if needed.

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Become a woman and grow hips!?! Mine never slips down! Thank god for hourglass figures! ;)

A lot that I dive with converted to a harness for exactly the same reason. Though I'll let the male population give you a serious answer cos I've never lost my weight belt cos of hips! Sorry! :redface:
lol cheers

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
A rubber weight belt from Decathlon is your friend, much less faff than a harness and it will stay exactly where you put it on the surface all through the dive, as it expands and contracts with the pressure unlike webbing ones.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hi Paul, I had the same issue and popped a pair of these on the webbing of my backplate of my ccr, they can bolt to the holes on the plate or through the webbing using stainless washers to keep the bolts in place, they are streamlined and easy to access and can hold the 6kg each that you need.

DTD - Dare to dive sorry the pictures not clearer.

DTD - Dare to dive

Attachments

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
What rig are you diving fella? IE Tanks, BCD or Wing etc etc?

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What rig are you diving fella? IE Tanks, BCD or Wing etc etc?
a seac tec wing with a 15ltr steel cylinder have no itegrated weight so have a seperate weight belt which fastens round my waist in a fashion:redface:

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
I use a harness when I dive a single and never have any bother or faff with it. It goes on, stays where it is supposed to be and the weight is borne by the whole torso, rahter than a few inches round the hips.

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
I would get some trim weight pockets (Halcyon, Hollis etc) and pop them on the top tank camband (I assume it's an Icaro Tech - they have 2?) as close to your back as you can get them. Then I'd pop two kilos in each ( that's 4 off your weight belt)

Weightbelt wise - try and get a decent quality pouch weighbelt that has a rubber non slip layer on the inside and very strong velcro fastening on each pouch. You'll then only need x4 2kg blocks in that - much more manageable. Try to get the weight evenly spread and as close to the front (ie you're navel) as you can to stabilise you in the water

HTH :)

·
I have a fat arse
1,031 Posts
Paul,
i need a few k'to sink my amle bioprene anddepending on suit and undersuit need 10 - 12 kg. I use a weight harness and have never had any probs.

I am not a fan of adding lots of weight to the BC, having said that add a 1.5 kg block to the cam band to balance out the pony if used).

with the harness I hardly feel like I am wearing the weight.

HTH

Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts