YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>Helen's lost her bite!!

We're safe - for the moment hehe.

On a serious note, I would have thought that you could dive as soon as the drugs had worn off and a reg felt comfortable.

Course, prob best to ask the Doc.

Juz

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Well you're not going to be out diving this weekend anyway are you?
I'd say about two weeks and you should be fine, time enough for the healing process to be almost done, what's the worst that can happen? a bit of trapped air in the wound might cause some pain but it seems highly unlikely. I'm sure last time I had a tooth out I was diving within a few weeks of it.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Never let it be said that Porg sucks!

I'm surprised no one's suggested 'Vet Lube' as an effective solution to the problem

·
Registered
19 Posts
Imported post

I had four impacted wisdom teeth out a couple of years ago under general anesthetic, the maxillofacial surgeon man who did it who was also a family friend suggested that hypberbaric oxygen would actually speed up the healing process and said diving would be ok in a day or two as soon as the pain had gone.....

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Mar. 23 2004,12:59)]Im dribbling like a 90 year old and spitting blood everywhere.  YUCK.
<font color='#736AFF'>But what does this have to do with the tooth extraction?

I mean how do you spot a level headed diver?
S/he dribbles beer from both sides of the mouth

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Dentist told me there was no problem at all as long as I felt up to it. I asked about the exploding tooth thing, he just laughed, I can't blame him, everyone has heard of this, no one has actualy any experiance of it, I think it's more of a theoretical possible than a probable.

James  

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>i had a wisdom tooth out and was diving within 18 hours, a good nights sleep and i was right as rain.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Imported post

Yeh, assuming it was a straightforward extraction there should be no probs 12 hours after it has stopped bleeding, and there is no pain if you suck cold air over the gap.

·
Stability - in an ever spinning world
1,080 Posts
Imported post

i had a really bad tooth sqeeze unded a new gold crown,
i wouldnt wish that pain on anyone......well may be i would!

i have explained to my new dentist about traped air under teeth and he will not do a route canal for me,in case there is a problem so i'll have to have it pulled instead....
john

1 - 12 of 12 Posts